new find is this worth anything ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by THE BIGDOG, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE BIGDOG

THE BIGDOG Member

anybody seen one like this and is it worth anything

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

It is worth something. This was easy to fine! What website did you find that on?

noname and coinman1234 like this.
  4. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

TJ1952 and noname like this.
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I think I have seen this one in Google photos...hmmmm.

TJ1952 and noname like this.
  6. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Mickey in PDX and tommyc03 like this.
  7. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

8. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

noname, TJ1952 and coinman1234 like this.
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

noname and TJ1952 like this.
  10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Some polite tounge in cheek humor?

11. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

dog_drinking_toilet_sm_wht.gif

12. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

I knew that!

13. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

noname likes this.
  14. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Did the OP say he owned it? Has it crossed anyone's mind that maybe, just maybe he's interested in such coins and is simply trying to learn more about them or their value? I obviously don't know what his reason for posting this is, but neither do any of you. Perhaps it would be best to allow him to explain before tearing into him.

I've said this before, but there are long term members here who steal photos and directly claim ownership of the coin, and no one jumps all over them for doing so, yet this guy asks a simple question and becomes the butt of jokes. Good job, fellas.

15. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

I was assuming (and I probably shouldn't have), that the OP was saying "he" found the coin. Why would he say new find? That coin has been listed out there for years. Since he never came back with a follow-up, I assumed (and I probably shouldn't have) that he knew he was had!

So you don't think those who steal others photos and claim ownership should be challenged?

16. BooksB4Coins

You initially came at him FIFTEEN minutes after starting the thread, and everything rolled from there, so when was he supposed to come with this "follow up"? Would you want to return to a thread where you've become the target of schmuckish jokes?

Who knows why he chose the word "find" (why did you use "Chawawa"?) but there could be many reasons for starting such a thread other than pretending to own the coin. Perhaps the guy has read here enough to be familiar with the from the hip nonsense, or the CT bandwagon where people just repeat what someone else has already said acting as if they knew it all along, or simply wanted to see what would happen. Perhaps he simply wanted to see if the ubiquitous "PMD" response would come, or maybe he's interested in purchasing something similar and simply wanted to gauge value opinions; I don't know, but do know that every one of us was at one time just as much a "fool" as the newest newbie who comes here asking "obvious" questions and ends up being treated like an idiot for it.

Did I say that? No, I did not, so why you are implying as much? Perhaps a better question would be why you're so quick to call a newbie for supposedly "stealing photos" yet say nothing when an established member blatantly does so? Is there a reason why new members should be held to a different standard than those more established other than, maybe, a little "gang up on the new guy" fun?

I've caught as much flak as anyone here, including from someone in this very thread when I dared to question one of our self-crowned "expert's" variety attribution (later proven wrong by an actual expert and without a whimper from the peanut gallery) for daring to call BS when I see it, yet you question my motivations?

17. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I really do not think that anyone tore into him other than having a bit of fun based on nearly no information provided other than the title and photo. It was an open invitation to some poking fun at. "New Find", no it's not, it has been listed for a long time, unless the OP just found a new one, but he did not say that. Is it worth anything? Yes, of course it is, it is a major error. And as of yet, there has been no reply or update from the OP giving us more info to go on. This happens a lot here and if the poster has been offended by my post then I apologize for having a little fun with it. But it ( was ) just in fun. Using photos from the net are completely legal so long as they have not been copyrighted or watermarked ( for lack of better terminology ), they are public domain otherwise as soon as they are posted. That is, unless a link is provided to the photo and there is a posted disclaimer saying otherwise.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    TJ1952 and Stevearino like this.
  18. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Yes, you did say that. "You said: there are long term members here who steal photos and directly claim ownership of the coin." In my opinion, the newbie did steal the photo! If an established member blatantly took ownership of a coin photo that obviously wasn't his, I would challenge him.

Yes, I do question your motivation. This "gang up" theory you have is of your own opinion.

These were not malicious comments. These comment by myself and the others were meant to motivate and engage the OP in conversation. We have yet to hear from him. I don't mind catching flak if I'm wrong. It's funny when you see a CT monitors jump in and put a lid on some unacceptable conversation. You can see the members scatter and hide under their computer tables. That's not the case here my friend!

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    noname likes this.
  19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

As long as you stay in boundaries of the rules, different opinions can exist and be debated...as long as you know the rules. Although I find it interesting how many times in the last few weeks an OP get everyone in an uproar ( one member forgot the rules and is sorry) and the OP of that thread did not reappear in several pages of comments. Been had? yes.

noname and TJ1952 like this.
  20. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

See, what did I tell you. This OP is probably sitting back laughing at us for what he started! :happy:

noname likes this.
  21. BooksB4Coins

Stating a FACT does NOT automatically mean that I'm condoning the behavior; is this really THAT hard for you to understand? Do you really think I'm saying it's okay for established members to steal photos? Come on, man... think!

Again and again a few select others seem more than happy to dish it to new members; why? Perhaps it's because the new, just like in kiddie school, are easy targets? Claim all you want that you were just trying to "engage him in conversation", but it's BS and you know it. My god, you played off of his username to call him a "Chawawa" for Christ's sake! Tommy can spin this as just being a little fun, but has it crossed any of your minds how unwelcoming it could be to new members? It's less about this guy than how often it happens. Perhaps this one is playing games, but it doesn't matter because this isn't a one-time thing. Anyone remember the older lady who, after losing her husband of many decades, came here looking for information only to have her love and respect for the man questioned? An extreme example, yes, but goes straight to the point.

Oh, and as for your supposed willingness to call out established members for stealing photos, why you haven't done so?

longarm and THE BIGDOG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.