new exhibition coming to my home town

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Cyrrhus, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Cyrrhus

Cyrrhus Well-Known Member

Dear All,

As I live in Leiden Netherlands I see a new nice exhibition coming up, I am looking forward to see it, I love all ancient art from Irak and Middle East.

http://www.rmo.nl/english/exhibitions/nineveh

So if you have a change go there !!

Makanudo, Andres2, randygeki and 7 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Multatuli

Multatuli Homo numismaticus

Great news, @Cyrrhus! I'm planning to travel to Nederland on the next year (probably until March-April) to visit some relatives and who knows, I could visit the exposition. Bedankt voor het delen met ons!:)

4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

That would be fun to see.

Enjoy.

5. AnYangMan

AnYangMan Well-Known Member

Leiden? Ha! I might have mentioned it, but I am currently studying archaeology in this wonderful city. Our faculty actually helped in selecting the items they are going to display in the exhibition (not me though). I will however be, if all goes to plan, present at the opening on the 19th of October.

6. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Wow, it is a small world! I was in Leiden for an academic conference several years ago. I love the old town. The people were great and I loved walking around the town. I stayed across from the university.

I have a very vivid memory of crossing the bridge into the town and looking left to see a windmill! Unforgettable place.

AnYangMan likes this.
  7. Cyrrhus

Cyrrhus Well-Known Member

Hello,
    AnyangMan, I will also be there on a thursday evening, because I am RMO member. Looking forward to see you !!

This one?

[​IMG]

8. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Yes. Wow that brings back some great memories of a wonderful trip. Thanks for the photo.

9. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

One of my favorite towns in Nederland is Maastricht...

Andres2 and Deacon Ray like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted