new eBay Bucks promotion?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by -jeffB, Jan 21, 2015.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I just saw a new auction come across with "eBay BUX" in the title -- a gold Buffalo, listed under Coins: US -> Collections, Lots so that it's eligible to earn bucks.

In the past, I've started to see this when a multiple-eBay-bucks promotion has gone out. I'm apparently off the list for these promotions; I'm still signed up, but the only offers I get are the stupid PayPal Credit come-ons.

So, have the rest of you started getting multiple-Bucks offers again? How big is the multiple this time? When does it expire? How much of a disadvantage will I face as I bid against all the folks who have the offer in hand? :(

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I get nothing and I'll like it!

Like you Jeff, all I get are the PayPal credit card promos. I even looked through my settings to see if there was something I was missing.

4. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

they dont start up until the quarterly spending certificate expires.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Huh. I guess maybe that seller was just saying "Hey, look, I've got enough of a clue not to list in a category where eBay withholds bucks". Since Buffaloes naturally land in Bullion, that is unusual enough to call out. It's just that I normally only start noticing these when the eBay Bucks promotions are flying.

I'll see if there's anything I want to get ready to sell when Groundhog Day (expiration of Q4 2014 eBay Bucks) rolls around...

6. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

It amazes me how dumb some people are. I was going to buy a pcgs 1964 kennedy during one of ebays 8x promotion. The guy had the coin listed in the kennedy category, and he paid extra to put it in the bullion category as well. I looked at his other coins, they were all listed in bullion as well. He takes himself out of the promotion, and pays extra to do so.

7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Maybe the seller doesn't know he's actually hurting himself. Did you contact him and pass on the advice?

I don't sell on eBay, but I'd probably make that same mistake had I not read your post.

8. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I believe i did, but these promotions only last a day or two. He never responded.
    Ill admit ebay is not very good with communicating to its customers. I get daily emails to sell my smart phone(which i dont own one), telling me that i should be offering free shipping, and 60 day returns on items, but they dont explain that during these promotions if you list an item at $150 the buyer gets 10% off, but if its 149.99 they dont.

Draft saved Draft deleted