New Discovery 2005-P California StateHood Quarter Double Ear Lobe

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rick Stachowski, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Yet another new discovery for the Double Ear Lobe series A010 - 20150701_061117 (2)-horz.jpg A008 - 20150701_060530 (2).jpg

Briboy07 and Seattlite86 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Great, now I have to go back through my change jar and pull all these out! :p

91stang2 and Rick Stachowski like this.
  4. Rick Stachowski

The ones I've been finding lately are in amazing shape, rim looks brand-new, this one here is so well struck it has a mirror like field on the reverse and even has the half circle on the last hair curl to the left side of the ear, and thats hard to find on business strike quarters ..

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

These are pretty incredible finds. What power magnification do you use when searching these? How long do you spend? I sit with a 10x loupe with my two change jars and just look over them quickly. Junkers go into the "spend jar." Haven't found anything of value yet.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  6. Rick Stachowski

ya, 10x . My house sits north to south, with my windows the same way, so I open my blinds for the natural lighting and here we are ... 50x is what the close-up image is, with a little help from photo-scape to enlarge them ...

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Doubled ear? Bah, humbug! Let me know when you find one with doubling like the 1955 Lincoln.

Chris

Seattlite86 and Rick Stachowski like this.
  8. Rick Stachowski

Would be nice, thats for sure ....

9. billy b

billy b Active Member

Another nice find richard. yesterday I found a 1965& 1985 doubled ear lobe.How many of those of those doubled ear lobe quaters do you have now?

10. Briboy07

Briboy07 Well-Known Member

Very cool!!! I search and search and can't find an Doubled ear arghhhh. I will soon! Great pics!

11. Rick Stachowski

About 25 different ones, with some matches too ... I'm about to start sending them in, just have to decide who and what extra services they offer, some are worth slabbing ( 65 or better ) if the price is right ...

Briboy07 likes this.
  12. Rick Stachowski

Only found in philly so far ...

Draft saved Draft deleted