New Digs For My CRH

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by TexAg, Apr 10, 2018.

1. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

It's been about 1-1/4 year since I started CRH in earnest. Most of that time our kitchen has been the "scene of the crime" with my stuff all over it. Needless to say the wife has been ready for me to find a different space. :meh: Plus anytime we have company, I have to clean off table only to pull everything back out again after they leave. :banghead: We settled on the idea of another roll top desk (I already have one for my fly tying hobby), and luckily I found a motivated seller with a really nice third hand desk.

Bought it Saturday and had to glue back a crack we caused to the base trim while moving the beast to the house. Then I spent a lot of time with furniture polish and Old English Scratch Cover making it look new again. I discovered the roll top locks when you close it, and it came with just one skeleton key. But, I found a locksmith who hand filed another key to match it so I'm covered in case I lock the primary key inside.
    Now, when company comes over, I can just close the top and voila! Our TV sits right in between both desks so I can enjoy my hobbies and keep and eye on the ball game at the same time. ;) Life is sweet! :D

P.S. Check out what's on my laptop.........

Kitchen Table.jpg Desk Open.jpg Desk Closed.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Beautiful desk. I am rocking a cheap-o walmart desk down in the unfinished basement. :p It has lasted my 6 years so I figure I've got my money's worth at least.

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Very nice. But I see food and water bowls, so I wanna see your animals too!:)

TexAg and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

How could you lock a skeleton key inside? Does the roll-top lock automatically when you close it?

Chris

TexAg and tommyc03 like this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

With the other skeleton key.:D;)

TexAg, furryfrog02 and cpm9ball like this.
  7. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately it locks every time you close it. It doesn't have a bypass switch to keep it from locking either.

8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

As requested @tommyc03
    Allie turned 8 today and is a small Brittany. Great nose and retrieving instinct, she's my hunting buddy. We hunt blue quail together out here in West Texas. :cool:
    Allie With Frisbee.jpg

billy b, tommyc03 and furryfrog02 like this.
  9. John T.

John T. Active Member

10. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Nice desk thereOP!! Banished to the basement as well! @furryfrog02 ! I bought an old desk and filing cabinet from work cheap. Gotta love it!

TexAg likes this.
  11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I had my own room upstairs until my daughter was born. Now all 4 rooms are used so down I went. Oh well. It's nice and quiet down there :)

TexAg likes this.
  12. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I can relate FF. Before all four our kids went off to school, I couldn't find a quiet place, lol!

13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Thanks so much. What a beauty!! Give her a kiss on the nose from me.:)

TexAg likes this.
  14. Westtexasbound

Westtexasbound Active Member

I just assumed that is where the wife made him eat since he was using the kitchen table

TexAg and tommyc03 like this.
  15. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Very nice desk!

TexAg likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted