New DDO??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Barbermania, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Barbermania

Barbermania Active Member

I've been trying to figure out how to do this I wish I could get someone to tell me what I have to do to have this authenticated and registered and tell me a little bit about it I would appreciate replies but only serious replies

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Are you sure it's a DDO?

There are websites that keep track of known Doubled Dies. I don't have the links, but if you search the archives of Coin Talk, they have been posted numerous times. Compare your coin to the known varieties of 2015. If your coin is an actual Doubled Die (There is no way to determine it from your picture. You need much higher magnification) and it doesn't match up with any listed, repost your information with useful photos and some of the "serious" experts will tell you what to do.

By following the steps above, and providing the information, you can be assured that you will only get "serious" replies. However, if you want someone to do the work for you, then you may get stuck with some posts that might not meet the requirements you've given to this forum.

4. Barbermania

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Okay! I'll be serious. You really need to work on your use of punctuation.

Chris

352sdeer likes this.
  6. Barbermania

yeah I'm not typing I'm using the phone and sometimes it just takes the wrong words and makes its own words.

7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Can't tell anything from your pics.

Modern DDOs have pretty much zero value. They are usually incredibly minor, and heavy magnification is required to see them. Authentication for these will be a waste of money.

For the list of all recognized varieties, see here: http://varietyvista.com/01e LC Doubled Dies Vol 5/DDO Listings Cents.htm

And on a related note, I understand the convenience of using a talk-to-text app. But seriously, it is nearly impossible to read and understand a post like that. Go back and put some punctuation in there, for the love of all that is English.

352sdeer and cpm9ball like this.
  8. cpm9ball

By that, you must mean words like "period" and "comma"? I'm sorry, but I have never been one to accept someone's directive to allow them to post whatever they want without "pro and con" discussion. With that being said, it would help if you posted better photos that provide close-ups of the variety you are trying to present.

Chris

9. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Duplicate thread. Please don't do this.

10. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

The proper term is Doubled Thread...resulting from a severe case of the DT's.

11. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

@cpm9ball here's what I made of it...

I've been trying to figure out how to do this, I wish! I could get someone to tell me what I have to do. To have this authenticated and registered and tell me a little bit about it, I would appreciate replies but only serious replies.

12. Barbermania

Thank you,and you are correct. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my wording or puncution. I'll be sure to be more careful.

13. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Common courtesy that if you write a post that you make it as clear and easy to read as possible. Otherwise you are putting an unfair burden on others to try to make sense of what is being posted. Most of the members here jump in to be helpful and not making it easier for them when you are the one wanting info is not the right thing to do.

My punctuation of your writing was purposely off what I imagined it should be, to make a point.

14. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

People seriously post by voice when they are physically able to type?!?!? Wow, just stinking WOW!!!!!

352sdeer likes this.
  15. cpm9ball

Aw, shucks! You didn't offend anyone. Voice-recognition software can be brutal at times when so many words in the English language sound alike. You just have to be careful of run-on sentences. Some of us old-timers run out of breath rather quickly.

Chris

Barbermania and Kasia like this.
  16. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Agreed. No reason to pile on or press the issue.

Barbermania likes this.
  17. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Nah, you didn't offend anyone. We're just trying to help you make better posts so that we can help you better. Keep asking questions, keep looking at coins, that's what's really important. It's just more pleasant if we can read what you are attempting to say!

Kasia likes this.
  18. Barbermania

I understand I just received hundreds of coins old ones and rare ones and error coins and a lot of paper money from my grandfather when he passed away I'm not really a big collector I know a little bit about what he's taught me it's just interesting you know I thought I'd go ahead and see what was going on with collectors and maybe learn a few things.

19. Barbermania

Look dude that's twice you try to insult me and post on my reply on my post with smart remarks if you don't like my post then don't reply I'm not trying to offend anyone I was very polite and yes I make my post over the phone and there's a reason for that what that reason is I don't think you need to know but the point is if I've offended anybody I was very polite and I apologize and I would appreciate if you have a post to send me if you want or you want to reply to me then be positive keep the negative comments out of it

charlottedude likes this.
  20. Barbermania

21. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

This place can be rough at times, I know and cannot count myself innocent, but sometimes it's best just let your conduct speak for itself. I haven't found you to be anything short of gracious, and certainly there are others who would agree. Take from the forum what you can, and simply forget the rest.

352sdeer, Barbermania and Bambam8778 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted