New Daniel Carr Morgan Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Dan's creations will be coveted pieces of history in time and we are here at the beginning. That's what it's all about and what the haters don't understand. He's an artist of the highest caliber in his respective field. Imagine buying a Warhol in the 60s or a Picasso in the 1920s.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Not a hater. An "unappreciater." And a coin guy, not a token guy. But I get that people like them.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

He used to be. Most of what he does now is copying other artist work.

KoinJester likes this.
  6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I'm sorry, Cascade, but come on... How was the very coin this is a copy of, and that you're so fond of, generally viewed when new? Just an example of how perceptions can and often do change in time.

No one can reasonably say with such certainty what the future will bring. Perhaps time will prove you correct, but maybe not; don't confuse personal desire/belief with undeniable fact, and do so while belittling those who happen to feel differently. This very behavior has come to define what's wrong with modern society and shouldn't have a place among those capable respectful discussion.

7. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

The "high grade" examples have full feathers, but they are pristine and fully frosted so they don't stand out visually. If I take a normal high-grade piece and jingle it around in a bag of nickels, the feather tips become shiny and stand out more. Like this:
    [​IMG]

mikenoodle, dwhiz and charlietig like this.
  8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Find me an MS 68/69 Morgan for 80-115 bucks and I will be happy to get that. Otherwise the only way most of us will have a Morgan at that grade range is from Dan's work

dwhiz, Paul M. and charlietig like this.
  11. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

I think it's cool that these were made using a real Denver mint press. These coins are the closest thing we will ever have to having actual Denver-minted 1964 Morgans dollars. That's what I find fascinating about them.

dwhiz likes this.
  12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The word hater gets used too much. It does not fit everyone with a different opinion.

13. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Let me guess..

"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."?

Or perhaps it's the..

"Just a come on from the whor..." Nah. ;)

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I get that. "Hater" is just a generic term

15. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I'm considering buying 3 or 4 of these, so I can sell the extras when the mintage is closed and the aftermarket price goes up, and buy more Dan Carr stuff with the proceeds. :)

16. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Have these sold out yet? The Mint could sell 1964 pieces in less than a minute.

17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

But DC's is NOT a Morgan! It's a silver round! Well... I guess he did copy the designer's work. But it isn't a Morgan. Go buy a Zombucks Morgue-Anne. At least it's an original design. And you can get a PR70 NGC one for around $80.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-PROOF-...270178?hash=item3607fd3ae2:g:yMwAAOSwZVlXwecE

18. baseball21

You asked I question I gave a legit answer. Most of us are over the crying, sorry but that is what it is now. You sell tokens or have in the past I assume, they offend me not being legit issues...

No matter what anyone says you're gonna berate them so why not ignore the thread

19. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Just making a point, like you. I wouldn't call this berating... but I guess it's hard to read the tone of what's being typed.

20. baseball21

Not really. Like you overall but be consistent. Ditch every token in your inventory and non government issue...

21. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I don't have any tokens actually. But when I have in the past, I never called them "Morgans" or coins for that matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.