New Connecticut 2 dollar bill. Collect all 50 states?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collect89, Mar 1, 2010.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

4. desertgem

5. Potsdam

Potsdam Junior Member

Full page ad in Albuquerque (NM) Journal today. Ad is definitely misleading - it does talk about overlaid printing, but nowhere does it mention that the overlaid printing is REMOVABLE! Worthless junk - they should do very well.

6. stharbor99

stharbor99 Junior Member

NJ 2 dollar bill. Yes the scam has also hit NJ, But the overlay that they are using isn't a plastic case, it is a plastic overlay that has a state name printed on it and is completely attached to the 2 dollar bill. You can't take it off. They also send a plastic case to put it in.

7. 9roswell

9roswell Senior Member

think they stretch things a little?

Q6: Why are the Presidential Coins so uncommon?
    The Presidential Coins are extremely uncommon because they're actually carved with never-before-seen edge markings bearing the date, Mint Mark, IN GOD WE TRUST and E PLURIBUS UNUM, which results in a rare tactile feel.

and what a bargain 2009 ASE for only $89

8. assetcoin

assetcoin Junior Member

The Lansing State Journal has the exact same ad today. I was excited, but skeptical enough to come here. Glad I did. Thanks guys!

9. ears656

ears656 Junior Member

the pictures are not printed on the plastic sleeves they are printed right on the bill itself

10. moga

moga Junior Member

ad in washington st

11. moga

moga Junior Member

same ad in washington st.

12. wokeupscreamin

wokeupscreamin Junior Member

13. techymall

techymall Junior Member

14. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

Very cheezy. Who orders those things?

15. CAconfedguy

CAconfedguy Junior Member

16. bestgrandpa

bestgrandpa Junior Member

Same full page age appeared in Salt Lake Tribune; advertising exclusive Utah $2 Bills; recognized it right away as a scam. I told a good friend here at work about it and he said, "Oh, I ordered a bunch for my grandkids, over $120 worth!". I too am surprised that the states AG offices are not catching this. It is in the A section of the paper and in color; must cost them a fortune, so obviously they are making a boatload of money with U.S. currency. We also had the scam dollar ads a few months ago.

17. Mahesh

Mahesh Good to be here..........

Thank you for sharing this...

Tx for sharing this info....

18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The ad showed up for the second time this past Sunday in the Muncie IN paper with the same you only have 48 hours warning. So apparently about once a month you are only going to have 48 hours to order.

The AG's hands are tied because they are not violating any state laws.

19. bestgrandpa

Wow, how come we didn't come up with this idea; this outfit must be making a fortune! haha:eek:

20. bestgrandpa

That gun the guard is holding is probably made of plastic or rubber!!!

21. Rebel54

Rebel54 Junior Member

Well the ad made it to Maryland also. My farm hand came in and told me he had gotten me a gift and showed me the ad. I didn't want to burst his bubble then but might tell him afterwards what it's really all about.
    It was the thought that counts!:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted