New coins this week

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by desertgem, Nov 18, 2018.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Since I have classes on coin club night, I haven't been able to pick up much new material, but this last week there was a chance and so I went and picked up these 4 coins. Still need to recover my photo skills. 1936-D San Diego , 1936 Bridgeport with a small spot in the eagles wing pit, 1880-S $, and a nice 1907 IHC, I was happy to see the Bridgeport as P.T. Barnum was an interesting guy.
    Jim

SAM_4457.JPG SAM_4458.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

I love the eagle on the reverse of it!

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Nice pick ups check the 36 D for the ddo.

5. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Wingpit! that took me a minute to process, LOL

6. desertgem

I was going to save that discussion for after I got the triocular scope out and set up as the MM is ragged and could be a RPM , and with the loupe the R and the Y seem to have some , but I want better photos before I say its not MD :) I liked the cent for old times ( my first major collection), and the 1880-S had great wagon wheels.

7. desertgem

Well your post got me curious. I put extension rings on the camera and shot these 2, still a little fuzzy, but best I can do with handheld camera. Others will have to wait until the scope comes out of the closet. :) Jim

SAM_4466.JPG SAM_4470.JPG

green18 and Paddy54 like this.
  8. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Would you say the Morgan looks PL? Or it is just me

9. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

That San Diego looks very lustrous.

10. desertgem

Yes, the SD is very lustrous, hard to photograph it. The 1880S is also and there is nice contrast. I have looked at quite a few Bridgeports and most had "wing rub " on the reverse. Classy eagle, but little protection. The pricing was good also, so that makes every thing even better. I think I am the only remaining older collector in the club that likes these halves. That's good for me. Jim

11. Paddy54

Bingo!

12. Paddy54

The 07 are also known for RPD.

13. Paddy54

Draft saved Draft deleted