New coin page for Air-Tite capsules?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by crusherjc, Jan 16, 2013.

1. crusherjc

crusherjc Junior Member

Just got my new 2013 Lighthouse catalogs today. Not expecting to see anything new, I was happy to find "Encap" pages for round coin capsules. Of course they are made for their own capsules, but it does say others may fit. Are these new, or just new to me! While not what Id call perfect, at least I think this might be a new option to store my air-tites. For instance, to hold my direct fit quarter air-tite's, they offer a page that will display 48 air-tite's on a page. I'd rather see them offer a page that holds, maybe 30-36 ait-tite's and leaves room so I can adhere coin info (year,grade) under each coin like a traditional album. Im guessing if you use this system, you will have to print out the coin info on the inter-leaf page that will go behind the album page. Anyone use these pages, or any thoughts on them?
    Jim

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I've known about Lighthouse coin boxes that hold trays with round cutouts for the their round coin coin holders for a long time, but this is the first I have heard of an album that will hold the round capsules. I checked their website and can't find anything about it there. Maybe it's so new they haven't updated their web site yet. If you know of a link, please post it.

Of course Air-Tite has had albums that will hold their round capsules for a long time, but they are the only ones I know of.

http://www.jpscorner.com/airtite-coin-albums.html

4. crusherjc

crusherjc Junior Member

Not on the website yet from what I could find. Saw it in the new lighthouse catalog I got last night in the mail.
    I never saw it before, so I am guessing it is a new product. I am going to call them tomorrow and order a few pages. Will post more when I get them, or fiind anything else on them.
    Jim

5. crusherjc

crusherjc Junior Member

Here are a few pics i took from the catalog....

2013-01-1721.44.43.jpg 2013-01-1721.46.34.jpg

6. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

I use one sold by Eagle that works great with my Air-Tites. It has a plastic strip across the front that holds the coins in place. They are a tight fit and will not fall out. View able from both sides. I believe I purchase it from Eagle.

safetyphotos 128.jpg

7. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

I use them main advantage is you can buy various pages, allowing it you have pages that hold H class (38-40mm 1 oz coins) and A class (14-26 mm) air tites' in the same album.

8. crusherjc

crusherjc Junior Member

If i'm reading it right, these new lighthouse pages are a 2pc hard plastic. Says they are made from "crystal clear PET, 100% PVC free. I beleive they are like a clamshell of somesort, where the air-tite will lay into a opening on the bottom page, ant the top page will lock them in.

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I threw my Eagle pages away years ago. They end up cracking at the holes for the 3-ring binder and if you customarily remove the AirTites from each compartment to view an individual coin, the plastic strip ends up cracking, too. They are too pricey to fall apart like that.

Chris

10. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

If the Lighthouse ones fit regular airtites, I will gladly buy them.

I bought similar looking airtite holders like the one on Jp's Corner. Though they looked nice I was not a fan of them. The fake velvet felt cheap and attracted dust while most of the slots were too tight. It was difficult to insert the airtites into the holder.

11. Clint

Clint Member

I converted some items to airtite albums, which have the problems ice mentioned, but they're good for what they are. The proof set pages are neat. I'm about to buy the eagle pages and appreciate what 9ball says about those as well. Everything has problems, it appears, but ya gotta do something! I'm not satisfied leaving modern commems in the OGP box which has to be opened individually to see the coins. I started swapping commems from mint ATs to air-tite brand, so they fit in the albums, but that's obviously an inelegant solution at best. More info appreciated!

ETA: after thinking more clearly, maybe I'll bail on the eagle pages, per 9ball's experience. I saw your box suggestion in another thread: http://www.jpscorner.com/coin-holder-storage-boxes.html That looks logical.

ETA: I don't know about the 2013 catalog, but I did search lighthouse's site for "encap" which turned up what i formerly knew as "Quadrum" pages. I have used those for a while, but the top half of the "clam-shell" doesn't always stay closed, so the coins in quadrum holders fall out. Yuk. I continue to use those only for half dollar or smaller coins, which usually stay in place. On the other hand, the Slab pages do a nice job.

12. Johntomk

Johntomk Member

Draft saved Draft deleted