New coin labels

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by panzerman, Jan 17, 2022.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I am in the tedious process of making data labels for my collection/ here are samples....
    I print them on gray parchment paper/ then use my guillotine to cut to 2X2 saflip size. IMG_1317.JPG IMG_1316.JPG IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1314.JPG IMG_1313.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

You must have very big holders.

princeofwaldo, Insider and panzerman like this.
  4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

You organized guys make me feel very inadequate. :rolleyes:

5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

But you are planning to get organized, aren't you? I am.

serafino, GH#75, panzerman and 2 others like this.
  6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I'm always "planning" but seldom "do"!

7. panzerman

no, I use 2X2 SAFLIPS, my labels all fit in 2x2s. Here are my older style labels I am replacing. I am not great at taking photos.... IMG_0758.JPG IMG_0633.JPG

8. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

That aureus is gorgeous!

serafino, Inspector43 and panzerman like this.
  9. panzerman

Being organized is important/ I would loose track of what I have in my collection. I keep a data file/ 14 pages so far/ 71 entries @ page. Everything is in aphabethical order/ so when I brouse auctions/ I double check to make sure I am not bidding on a coin I already have. My collection is small 1000 coins, but still could forget in the heat of an auction. I have 300 + slabs in NGC/ PGGS boxes/ rest in albums. IMG_1150.JPG IMG_1151.JPG IMG_1153.JPG

10. Jeepfreak81

Jeepfreak81 Well-Known Member

Very nice - I keep spreadsheets on google drive with tabs for each "type" of coin I wish to categorize. Then each of those coins gets an inventory number. 2x2's I write on the back, plastic holders of any kind get a small sticky label with the inventory number. I can quickly reference my spreadsheets if I want to know anything I've recorded about the coin. I tend to do metal composition, % of precious metal (which I have a formula so I can entre spot at the top and it will calculate current melt value)

Yours are neat for the fact that there's alot of info on them. Hooray for organization

serafino and panzerman like this.
  11. panzerman

Some auction houses are great for their accurate information/ some omit pertinate data.so, then I do a "google" search on lets say a obscure coin like my Charles le Mauvais AV Florin d'or ND Navarre/ unlisted in any publication. I found that Grierson by studying the legend found it to be a unlisted coin from Navarre/ imitating the Florin type from Florence.:)
    John

Eric the Red and Jeepfreak81 like this.
  12. panzerman

I am trying to figure out the ALPHABETUM program/ it has all of the Medieval/ Ancient Scripts/ plus Aramic/ Arabic/ Nagari.....
    Sadly I am not a techie.

13. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

panzerman likes this.
  14. panzerman

I print them up on computer on a gray parchment paper. I use #6 font size to put all the info on a label that will fit inside a 2X2 SAFLIP. I have the TYPEIT program which allows me to have 24 foreign scripts. I want to use the "Alphabetum" program since it has 500+ scripts including all ancient and upto date language scripts/ including Medieval. Not being tech saavy/ I am learning on the fly.....
    John

princeofwaldo and serafino like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted