New arrival - A rarity from Corinth.

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Michael Stolt, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Michael Stolt

Michael Stolt Well-Known Member

Very happy to be able to add yet another "Imperatorial provincial" to my collection.

This is a rare type that is difficult to come by. Also, an interesting side note is that this is one of the first issues from Corinth after the city was slowly being rebuilt. The city had been completely destroyed in 146 BC after the city state and it's ally, the Achaean League had lost the battle of Corinth against the Roman Republic.

I've been working on a new way to present my coins, those of you who follow me on Facebook have already seen the new design. But for you who haven't, I hope you like it. :)

project16.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Oooooh, nice! That's a type that is always on my hunt list :).

Michael Stolt likes this.
  4. Michael Stolt

Michael Stolt Well-Known Member

Thank's TIF :) I'll let you know in case I see another in the future.

TIF likes this.
  5. Spargrodan

Spargrodan Well-Known Member

Nice coin and presentation thinking of doing something similar myself. Always nice to add som history to the coin.

Michael Stolt likes this.
  6. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Great coin! Like TIF, I have the type on my want list.

I like how your presentation looks, but IMHO a downside at least here on CT is having the description as part of the image. If anyone were to be using the forum's search function (or even google search) to look for examples of the type by say using the names of the moneyers as keywords, or more generally trying to look for coins featuring Bellerophon or the Chimaera, this thread and the coin would unfortunately not show up in the search results. CT is a great resource for collectors, and as with any resource, being able to search for relevant information is important.

Alegandron, Volodya and TIF like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted