New Addition

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GH#75, Jul 9, 2020.

1. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

Went to the coin dealer the other day, and bought myself a beautiful coin, and for only $1.70! I don't know if he was just being nice, but this seems like an extremely good deal. I would have bought more, had I known the price. I expected it to be more like $10. So I only got one. But here it is:
    IMG_20200709_100916375.jpg IMG_20200709_100816183.jpg

The pictures don't do it justice, as always with toned coins, but I am using a phone camera, which makes it worse.
    It is currently in a danso album. Will probably move it somewhere else later. Favorite Roosevelt dime so far!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

pretty good for 15 cents over melt:happy: looks like it might have been in one of the old PVC albums at one time??

GH#75 likes this.
  4. GH#75

I have no idea where he got it. It was in a vial of BU 1954 Roosevelt dimes. A few of them had toned to this color.

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Nice coin for price. I've already posted on your other post about photography, as your photos are so bad they are hurting my eyes. LOL Not trying to be mean, just hopefully guiding you to take and post better photos. Keep on trying and I hope you can fill your album. As young as you are, you hopefully have many years of collecting enjoyment ahead of you. Don't rush it, just enjoy it.

GH#75 likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice coin for a few cents over spot. Go back when you can and ask the price before purchasing it.

GH#75 likes this.
  7. GH#75

I want to be able to take better pictures, but my camera doesn't work that good, and those are some of the highest quality pictures that my camera can take. I would buy a camera, but I don't want to spend $150 because to me right now, that's a LOT of money. I usually don't make that much in a year. Hopefully though, I can get a job soon and then I'll make that much in a week. But for now, your going to have to see my terrible pictures and deal with it! :D

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

You may want to check pawnshops in your area for a nice, but inexpensive camera. I've seen really good cameras going for pennies on the dollar, plus you can talk them down.

GH#75 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted