New Acquisitions. 2 Sequential serial numbers.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by kforbes862, Aug 1, 2011.

1. kforbes862

kforbes862 Well-Known Member

These are the new banknotes i have gotten in the last week. i had been looking for a good deal on that note from ireland for a long time. I was happy to add all of them to my collecion, i have banknotes from 164 countries now. The question i have is what is everyones opinion on the value of the sequential serial number notes from iceland ? there is a value for them in the standard paper money catalog i have, but does having the sequential numbers add any value to them?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kforbes862

kforbes862 Well-Known Member

4. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Yep, I like that Irish note too!

I haven't seen any catalogs that price sequential serial numbers, and personally I'd be very cautious of getting sucked in to collect them. IMO, it's just an easy way for a seller to sell you more than one copy of a note. He's always going to get new issues in sequential order, so why not try to sell more than one at a time.

Dave

5. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Generally not anything more value-wise in sequential numbers. I generally have them in case the rarity factor goes up in like 40 years.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I agree with Matt....consecutive serial numbers rarely command a premium. Traditionally, certain serial numbers are supposed to be pulled by the BEP and replaced with star notes. Notes ending in 9999 or 0000 are hard to find in modern-era notes. In those cases, they would be keepers.....for example;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Nice sequential notes!

8. Muffin 82

Muffin 82 New Member

Is anyone looking for these?

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted