New 1992 d DDR? Or?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JustinCoins, Oct 25, 2016.

1. JustinCoins

JustinCoins Member

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

Hey everybody, I found this coin this morning, and to me it totally seems to clearly be doubling of like almost the whole coin, not so much on ONE CENT, but, the rest of the coin shows some major doubling, but, I also couldn't find any listed 1992 d DDR's like this either. I always have a hard time getting photos loaded on here

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JustinCoins

JustinCoins Member

4. JustinCoins

JustinCoins Member

If anyone would like to see more pics than that, just let me know, and unfortunately at this time, these are about the best quality pics I'll be able to get on here, but, I can always try diff angles and what not if anyone thinks it'll help them discern if this is a DDR.

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Split plate doubling. Not a true doubled die.

paddyman98 and TJ1952 like this.
  6. JustinCoins

JustinCoins Member

Well, that sucks, is the weird shiny lines that line the letters and the building how you can tell that it's split plate doubling? And if so, I don't think I've read about that type of doubling, any info about it? Or a site I could check? Thank you.

7. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Cochisz, Dynoking and paddyman98 like this.
  8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Dynoking likes this.
  9. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

10. JustinCoins

JustinCoins Member

Thanks for the info, I will definitely familiarize myself with this site. And it does look to be very valuable indeed. Hahaha, less questions that I need to bother other people with that I can just look up for myself. Anyways, thanks again, your guys' input is always appreciated.

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Never a bother! Ask all the questions you want buddy! ;)

Sheila Ruley and Dynoking like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted