New $100

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by lotusboyrulz, Oct 11, 2013.

1. lotusboyrulz

lotusboyrulz Member

So I went to the bank and got the new $100 and they look so nice

Attached Files:

mc.coin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I got 1 new 1 for my fathers birthday today. the teller cracked the seal on a fresh new stack. I really liked how the blue and white bells/100 how the moved like a liticular non-sport trading card. totally cool new look.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Asian food, yuck :p

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

??? WTH ?

NOS likes this.
  6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

See the menu in the background of lotusboyrulz's image. :) As for the look of the bill, well, if Americans like them, we (in other countries) will at least no longer hear comments such as "oh dear, yours are so colorful", hehe. Then again, I guess the $100 bills won't really be used in everyday life ...

Christian

spirityoda likes this.
  7. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

I wish that was true!

As far as being a cashier, it's a royal PITA when someone strolls through with a bottle of pepsi and pays for it with a $100 bill. I wish they would get rid of the $100 bill, because people seem to think it's "cute" to pay for a $1 item with one.

On average, I have less than $200 in my till (most people use check/card for larger purchases)

If I have 3 people pay for $1 items with a $100 note (it happens a lot), it's infuriating when I have to shut my line off to go get change.

johnny2dollar likes this.
  8. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

NOS likes this.
  9. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

That is your job... right?

spirityoda likes this.
  10. JohnV

JohnV Active Member

I saw one at work today. The 3D strip is beautiful.

NOS and spirityoda like this.
  11. AnIowaGuy

AnIowaGuy Silver Hound

I still prefer the 1995 on back. Not a big fan of bright colors on my money

12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

will $50,00 dollar bill be next ???

lotusboyrulz likes this.
  13. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

At coin club we talked about the new design. I made a joke saying I don't like it because I'll never see one. My brother, a bank teller just brought one home and showed me. It is actually a really cool note. Though the watermark portrait looks like a 6 year old's drawing.

spirityoda likes this.
  14. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Good grief Caz, now were going to have 6 year olds counterfeiting notes.:D

Bruce

Cazkaboom likes this.
  15. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I understand the need to update for security purposes, so if I was a counterfeiter I would just make the older styles and use those. Less hassle to adapt to the new security features. In fact if I was a counterfeiter id be making the $10s and $5s, when have you ever seen a marker taken to those?

16. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

That's why when you travel abroad they only accept the newest designs, because passing of counterfeit dollars internationally is also very common. There's no law that says which dollars someone has to accept, if the country allows trade in currencies outside of their own.

I got a fake $10 at taco bell the other day. I immediately asked for a different one.

As far as the counterfeit pens, they are a waste of time. People who use counterfeits will seek out tellers who use the pens, because they become too reliant on them and don't bother to check security features. The teller can say "the pen said it was good" and absolve themselves of fault.

The pens detect starch. A dollar rubbed with a sliced potato will show as counterfeit while a coffee filter will show as genuine currency. See http://calladus.blogspot.com/2006/09/testing-counterfeit-money-detector-pen.html?m=1

NOS and BRandM like this.
  17. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Got ahold of one from my brother, and if you thought I was kidding, you're dead wrong. I'm going to be opening up a kindergarten sweatshop.
    [​IMG]

18. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

I noticed that as well. I could draw that watermark. Bad.

19. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I see what you mean Caz. :eek:

Bruce

20. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

Love the new bills for my birthday on monday my dad gave me one he went and got three in order and gave me one of the bills with my presents i was surprised because i wasnt going to get one because i am a coin collector and bills come second and 100 bucks is a lot to put away in bills and i have only spent over 100 on a couple bills but great bill really like it !!

21. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

No, the $50 was already colorized in 2004, and this $100 is part of that same design generation.

Now that the new $100 is finally in circulation, the current design generation is finished (since the $1 and $2 aren't being changed). The next redesign cycle is supposedly going to start in about 2020. Those designs will add tactile features to allow different denominations to be distinguished by touch. The current plan is that the $10 will be the first denomination to receive the new features, but since the target date is still seven years away, that's obviously subject to change.

NOS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted