New $100 Star notes - Uncirculated 40 consecutive - Worth over face?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by mapz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. mapz

mapz New Member

Hello,
    I am a collecting novice so would appreciate any input here. Just received 40 consecutive uncirculated 2009A notes - new style $100 Star bills.

I have seen a few on eBay and was wondering if these are worth anything over face value wholesale to a collector, or should I just spend these notes?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

If I came across them I would likely keep them, as long as I could afford to do so, but I do not know if they have any real premium at this time.

4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I don't think they are over face yet. You can walk into any large bank and just ask for one (Or more). If they are from the same new strap, they will be consecutive. I want to get the series 2009 instead of the 2009A. Those are the ones they are going through in order to pull all the errors from the first printing. There is always the possibility of some errors slipping through. I would try for a strap of these.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  5. Morgan9

Morgan9 Amateur

I would keep that, right now they're worth nothing more than face value but I have seen a couple of cool errors

6. throwbackid

throwbackid Well-Known Member

They are everywhere now. I put 10 away of them but thats it, they will end making million of these notes.

7. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

what kind of errors are there?

8. bryantallard

although I am not really into bills as much as I am coins, but does the fact that he has consecutive star notes not bring SOME premium?

9. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I had two $100 consecutive uncirculated star notes from the old 2006 series. I asked $25 each over face for the pair and no takers. I split them up and sold one for $125 but still have the other. They were for sale for about 3 months.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  10. bryantallard

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

You could try but remember these notes are just released. Although star notes, individual collectors can find them at banks, brand new for the asking. So can dealers. Many know the tellers and can ask they (The star notes) be put aside. At least my two notes were out of print making them a little more difficult to find. Even then, I only sold one.

Draft saved Draft deleted