New $100 Bill design

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Coinfreak~24, Jan 2, 2010.

?

what do you like more?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2011.
  1. Do you like the design?

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Do you hate the design?

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. Im jumping so high i can't wait

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. krispy

krispy krispy

What do you smoke?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chip

chip Novice collector

One thing I noted about the new note is that the fur collar that Ben wore on the current note has been removed. I think that the additional colors does make our currency less exceptional and more world currency like.

I agree with the poster who would have liked a more neutral response to the new 100$, I am not agog at the design, I will look for the new ones when they come out.

4. Coinfreak~24

Coinfreak~24 Active Member

$100 bills
    :D:D:eating::eating:

5. LewR

LewR Junior Member

Feb 10, 2011 - by then, the fakers will have produced a abill that looks better and is received well by not just American - but by most holders of $100 bills - "other countries"

Good luck, I'll stick to my plastic currency that gives me guarantees and limits my responsibility.

6. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

To me it looks like something a third world country would release. Another bomb by the mint I am afraid. Looking at it for a while, it almost looks cartoonish..

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Now if it was only the MINT that created, printed and issued our paper currency your statement on a numismatic forum might not seem so laughable... :rolleyes:

You might also be surprised to learn the irony of your condescending statement regarding 'third world countries' since many first and second world nations often help design, print and implement currencies for other developing nations.

By 'cartoonish' one can only assume you are refering to the portrait as the other embellishments and features are utterly typical of all era of typographic and graphical design found on notes. Any non-photographic rendering of a subject from life is technically a cartoon or simplified rendering, especially in the case of figures of life predating the era of photographic reproduction. In no way have these new notes been issued with a 'cartoon' depicted in an intentionally satirical sense, but rather simplified the design to core symbolic iconography such that the image remains true to form of the person and ideals it represents and manages to incorporate the security features necessary to thwart forgers.

Do please take some time to educate yourself on the finer points of modern currency in this and other countries, since you likely spend it readily and should care for this side of numismatics as much as the coins collectors covet.

Bureau of Engraving and Printing
    U.S. Department of the Treasury

newmoney.gov

8. jonsters

jonsters The Bank of Jay

how long before some hooligan tries to counterfeit it! :p

9. Coinfreak~24

it's easy to do all you need is good equipment and alibaba.com.

10. jonsters

jonsters The Bank of Jay

there you go folks! try it and tell me if it works!

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Sounds like you have experience! You should be careful with those sort of statements, especially declaring them publicly regarding this topic or you might have some suits sniffing up in your business that you didn't intend with your off the cuff humor. :cool:

12. LewR

LewR Junior Member

It will be copied, printed and distributed in foreign countries as counterfeits long before it hits the American "legit" marketplace - any bets? Especially when you tell the crooks a year in advance…(Must be me….)

13. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

It's been a bit since I last visited the site and the new $100 made me remember about it. This forum in particular is pretty interesting. I have been waiting for the new $100 to be unveiled for a bit now. My take on it? Personally, I like it. It is a far cry from the designs that I love from the horseblankets, but it has it's own charms. Since it's almost an entirely new design with the color-changing ink, the watermark, and other anti-counterfeiting measures, I was hesitant. I watched the video a couple of times and can't wait until fall when the BEP will be rolling these out to the public. Far cry from my usual tastes in notes, but still enjoyable.

14. Coinfreak~24

if im not trying to counterfeit it's fine, i got nothing to worry about.
    ya sure the secret service will probley watch me but it's fine

15. jonsters

jonsters The Bank of Jay

haha it's all good until you end up in ADX! :high5:

16. Coinfreak~24

I already read all the law's on fakeing money.

17. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

This note starts a new era of $100 notes for this Country...some may not like the design as it still holds significant similarities to the past $100. Many of you, including me wished it would support some of the old Large Size Style and Beauty, this is simply a new age and modern technology is far advanced from the those of days gone by...with Uncle Sam destroying all the older notes from circulation, we can look upon this new note as adding value to our older $100's as they now fall one step lower on the collecting agenda.

I look forward to adding the new $100 to my Small Size Collection..but one rule I must obey is that it be from New York.:D

God Bless..

RickieB

18. krispy

krispy krispy

There's a theme here
    :
    Artifice is superficial and artificial is bad for you, superficiality lacks quality and depth of character. No one likes a fake, fraud, nor to be duped... Misspelling faking isn't a 'fake'. It shows carelessness which is what most likely will undo those would be, no-good-deed-doers, whom shall undergo due punishment for their errant actions.

19. krispy

krispy krispy

And I too, for my St Louis ( H / 8 ) FRN district collection. :thumb:

20. Coinfreak~24

for one im not trying to counterfiet im going to see how close i can get to the real thing and frame it that's it then i can tell my kid's that when thay put thare mind to it thay can do anything.

21. krispy

krispy krispy

Maybe you ought to start referring to it as art then...

Draft saved Draft deleted