Nevermind I tried to get a answer but too much sarcasm for me

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by roy pho, Apr 2, 2018.

1. roy pho

roy pho Member

Hi everyone I have received a peace dollar and I'm trying to tell if it is a proof or business strike. This is my first peace dollar so I don't have any to compare with and the pictures online are not helping me out at all. So I have to come to the experts. Thanks eeveryone

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

A 1922 proof Peace dollar is worth about USD 200000. Does that answer your question?

4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It's a business strike. Doesn't look high relief to me from the photos

5. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Well struck business strike

6. roy pho

roy pho Member

It's not a high relief but they made low relief proofs too with the satin finish.

7. roy pho

roy pho Member

No it doesn't because I asked was it a proof and not what it's worth.

8. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

There is only a single example known. So you found another one...?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Stevearino likes this.
  9. roy pho

roy pho Member

I dont know if I found another that is why I asked the question before I make assumptions. Just because they only have one known doesn't mean there are not any more to be discovered.

Bud1 Wilson likes this.
  10. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

11. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

IMG_2691.GIF

12. roy pho

roy pho Member

That is not my coin. I have a low relief they coin link you are looking at is for the high relief. They are totally different coins the high relief had the matte finish and the low relief had the satin finish. I don't know if the low relief had the matte finish too.

13. Wheatmaster101

You have a normal, decently struck peace dollar. It isn't even in great condition. Not a very valuable coin. Not proof. End of story.

14. roy pho

roy pho Member

15. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Stevearino and Wheatmaster101 like this.
  16. roy pho

roy pho Member

Forget I even asked. A simple no would be great but you would rather go back and forth and waste time. I won't bother you people any more.

17. Wheatmaster101

I gave you a simple no to every question, and others did as well, but you ignored all of us. There were multiple posts stating "business strike". Do you expect us to tell you what you want to hear?

Stevearino and micbraun like this.
  18. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

It's a proof. Send it in to a TPG, expedited service, and be sure to insure it both ways for $200k.

Does that help?

Jaelus, Dimedude2, dwhiz and 5 others like this.
  19. roy pho

roy pho Member

I'm talking to micbran telling me the price as if that means it's not a proof and then sends me a link to a coin that is not even close to the one I'm presenting. At least I showed you a link to the coin I'm talking about and not the coin you guys wish I was talking about which is not this coin he sent the link to. So nevermind I could have gotten a no in the first place instead of random links and random coin values that didn't answer a simple yes or no question.
    1922 $1 Modified High Relief Production Trial J-2020 PR (PCGS# 97384).

20. roy pho

roy pho Member

That's a better answer than random prices. If you asked me is that an apple and I said there worth $500000
    would that tell you if it was an apple or not? No it would not.

SPC CENTS likes this.
  21. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

Response #2
    Easily read as a "NO" to your question.

Response #3
    Easily read as a "NO" to your question

Response #4 (yours)
    Easily read as: "I'm going to ignore response 2 & 3, and argue to the death that my coin is a proof, even though there is no reason there should be, and everyone is pointing to the fact that it is a business strike!"

Also read as "Waaaaahhhh!!! :arghh::arghh::arghh:"

-----------

This is a perfect example of why I usually won't respond to these types of "Do I have the jackpot coin?" threads. No matter how much logic, or how many examples, or how much fact is presented to the OP, he/she will not listen, will refuse to learn, and insist that those who have been doing this for decades are wrong and clueless.

Rant over (for today). ;)

dwhiz, MisterWD, JPeace$ and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted