Need Tips And Ideas On New Books And Coin Supplies

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by icollectoldmoney, Dec 21, 2018.

1. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

Need ideas and tips on best coin supplies and books to buy.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    schepys_coins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I saw your headline before you edited it, and I'll assume you prefer the edited version. But if you can give us any more particular info about the collector you're supporting, we may be able to be more helpful.

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

5. longnine009

And if you looking for just some fun reading:

[​IMG]

6. longnine009

And if you want some really really fun reading try to find some used copies of Bowers' Companion books. Unfortunately they are out of print. :(

[​IMG]

7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

What is your goal with these books? Are you a new collector looking to learn about collecting, the hobby, or grading? Are you an experienced collector looking to learn about a particular series?

There are thousands of coin books, and many of them are really good - but I need a little bit more information to help you.

8. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Also, what supplies are you talking about? We can help with some great recommendations on websites to go look for certain things at really good prices. We just need to know what area you are looking for.

9. icollectoldmoney

I am focusing on silver eagles Morgan’s and half dollars looking for plastic snaplock 2x2 and binders and a magnafier

10. carly

carly Member

JC's Corner is my go-to for supplies. Prices are competitive and they ship super fast. http://www.jpscorner.com/

I'm still looking for a company that carries "all" the coin related books, though.

11. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

messydesk likes this.
  12. icollectoldmoney

Well the collector is my son who was born 4 months early and has Several special needs looking to build a collection to pass down to him he gets older.

Bambam8778 likes this.
  13. Bambam8778

I asked for a box of these for Christmas, sized for Morgan Dollars. I have a few that I want to have protected/displayed that are not worth a whole lot but have sentimental value. I'll be trying them out later today so I can give you more information then but they appear to be very nice. I would recommend them so far. I'm sure others have had experience with them. Lighthouse slabs they are called.
    [​IMG]

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

R. S. Yeoman Red Book.

15. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

16. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Was your son just born recently, or is he old enough for you to be able to share the hobby with him?

The Whitman "Red Books" for individual series are good. They also make the plastic, snap-together 2x2s. In addition to the Lighthouse/Leuchtturm slabs above, Amos Hobby makes slab-type holders. Eagle coin albums are available that hold 9 slabs on a page. I'm not sure what kind of album accommodates the snap-together 2x2s.

17. icollectoldmoney

Well not old enough yet and not sure if he will ever be able to talk but he loves to look at the coins with me

Kentucky likes this.
  18. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Bambam8778 likes this.
  19. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Here's the Ad...if you need a promo code, mine is 4530394

scale.jpg

20. Bambam8778

What is this Fry's? Are they part of Kroger?

21. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

No -- I was confused, too, the first time I saw Fry's on a list of Kroger-related brands. Fry's Electronics isn't related to Fry's Food and Drug (the Kroger subsidiary), but their logos are nearly indistinguishable.

Bambam8778 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted