Need some sage advice....

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by panzerman, Feb 16, 2018.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Here are photos of o. goliath procus from Ceram/ Moluccas
    1/ male
    2/ female
    a bilateral gynandermorph (crappy foto) only one known of teinopalpus imperialis/ half female/male
    sold it for 75K 88563f8b64166fcf1a2cad658713479d.jpg 19aed1ae8d394c10d4cd3e95ca778125.jpg 7e8d204754e57a59bc40a759759c9390.jpg

Curtisimo, Andres2, hoth2 and 8 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. panzerman

Eduard.....Germans are all NICE:shame: me being one too. I love good food....my wife says I eat like a barbarian....amazed that I can devour 5000+ calories a day and keep waist at 29 inches. Most MS aurei are now sadly 30+ and rising. I remember in 2005 you could get perfect fDC ones for 8-10K.
    Even with world gold/ silver prices are going crazy. I saw Fruhwald sell EF/MS Austria 1845-A 4 Dukaten. Ferdinand V for 12.500 euros/ while I picked up a FDC 1848-A example for $5250 Spink/USA Auction. Prices in Europe are high, esp. with low dollar here/ exchange is $1.65 for 1 euro:inpain: You are so lucky to live in Deutschland with a high euro.
    Johann

Alegandron likes this.
  4. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Outstanding collection Panzerman.
    I am wondering if I should be worried....Silence of the Lambs......

RAGNAROK and panzerman like this.
  5. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

Chasing those butterflies will burn off the calories fast.....I cannot eat as much as you can, and then only selected foods (age, you know.....I weigh a scant 65 kg), but am always hungry.

Getting back to aureii - I remember in the late 80's and early 90's nice aureii, of the imperial era 1st century AD would cost about 2000-4000 DM!
    I picked up a few and stupidly sold them years later. One of my major mistakes in numismatics.
    In real terms the prices of Aureii have about tripled and more, even adjusting for inflation in the intervening years.

Getting back to germans being nice - yes, I would agree:shame:, (at least as far as I am concerned).

Stevearino and panzerman like this.
  6. panzerman

No worries! In meaty dishes i prefer roast goose/duck/pheasant/quail/partridge/rock cornish hens

Rouladen/sauerbraten/pork tenderloin roast...

Getting hungry:happy:

7. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

I think most ideas and concerns have been addressed by others, but if I were you I would do a couple of things in this transaction. If you cant do the trade in person (securely and certainly not at your home) make sure you use an unimpeachable intermediary. Also, make sure he has clear title to the coin in question. Lastly, do some asking around and make sure it hasnt been condemned since it last sold.

8. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

That last one is trippy. Me likey!

As for the coin, I personally would try to go for a different one. That one does not stike my fancy at $60000.

Andres2 and panzerman like this.
  9. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

Ah so. Stupid me. I mouthed off about butterflys mating because I thought you were talking about live ones. I should have asked. Specimens are dead and will not be procreating. Thank you for your gentle response to my stupid comment.

10. panzerman

As times goes on, many sp., ssp. go extinct. These then (old specimens) will become more valuable. Also, loss of food plants due to human stupidity like clear cutting Amazon rainforests cause this to happen in Countries like Brazil. Even in the US, papilio indra ssp. are very rarely captured due to localized habitat. To capture a perfect specimen is also tricky, since they have flightwear after a few hours of flight....like freshly minted coins that are used for commerce.

Photo: Indra Pygamaeus Dead Mts., California
    few known... 89d9cf9be027bda9409fc2d467e34adf.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted