Need some info on another of my cheap coin purchases.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GUNNER63736, May 5, 2019.

1. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

I saw that some folks buy the holder and don't worry about the coin. I read that Accugrade holders are one of the better ones. Not a clue really. I accidently ran across this coin on ebay for $5.00 shipped so I bought it for the holder really. Can't loose to much on it. Any info on this holder would be greatly appreciated. If it is actually junk, no problem. I have thick old age skin. LOL

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that is just some basement slabber. Nothing worthwhile there.
    The quarter looks pretty nice.
    Fun fact: I used to live right on the water in Newport and that bridge was the view out my living room window :p

4. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

It seems that the earliest Accugrade slabs from the 1980s are worth a premium (the ones that included a photo of the coin graded).[​IMG]
    Here's a coin that sold on ebay for $65 and $8 shipping.

Modern Accugrade holders, however, appear to be disregarded by many members of the numismatic community, and the coin doesn't become more valuable by being in one of these slabs.
    $5, well, that seems like a decent price for a proof quarter. At one coin shop I've been to, they wanted $5/$6 for an ungraded proof State Quarter.

Kasia likes this.
  5. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

Oh well. I got another good looking little silver proof quarter anyway.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

7. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

The quarter is good looking, so if you aren't concerned what the tpg is, you did pretty darn good for five dollars. Obviously the coin is what you are after to admire.

Draft saved Draft deleted