Need Some Help Understanding eBay

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mkm5, Mar 3, 2021.

1. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

I did a little poking around. The seller has listed this coin several times, dropping the price each time. Here's an image from a previous listing.

LionDaalder.s-l400.jpg

Robert Ransom and Mkm5 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Food for thought.
    Of the 197 feed-backs listed, 25% are from buyers, 75% are from seller. Extrapolate 6179 total feed-back: 1544 from buyers, 4635 from seller?
    Recovered artifacts with COA's?

Mkm5 likes this.
  4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I think most of the skittishness about the coin is that in the listing it reads "This Shipwreck Dutch Lion Daalder is listed with No Reserve. This auction has a 30 day return privilege if everything is returned in same condition"

Meaning, if you crack it out, you keep it. it's a shipwreck coin apparently, and no guarantee NGC or PCGS will see the coin the same way that PNCS saw the coin, and it's a heck of a gamble to wind up with it coming back environmentally damaged slabbed.

"problem free" will be questionable, PNCS as far as I know doesn't exist and only existed for a very short time when basement slabbing was big on Ebay.

Mkm5 likes this.
  5. Robert Ransom

Yes, you mentioned it first. I only elaborated a bit more. :)

6. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

And I think we're both a little intrigued as to how it plays out.....

Robert Ransom likes this.
  7. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

I made an offer, the seller agreed. $160 including a $10 ebay discount. I'll share pictures when the Daalder arrives!

coinup and Robert Ransom like this.
  8. Robert Ransom

We are waiting...:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

9. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Me too!

10. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

This is good information, thank you! I didn't notice the "shipwreck" reference initially, so that wasn't a factor for me. I like the strike of the coin and the strong date, that's what caught my interest.

This will likely be a pocket carry piece as a reminder of the Dutch family who raised me as their own.

jb10000lakes and John Burgess like this.
  11. coinup

coinup Junior Member

Congrats - always a good feeling. :)

Mkm5 likes this.
  12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I think you made a good deal. Don't know about turning it into a pocket piece though.

13. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Yes, we'll see. Probably for sure take it to family get togethers to share some history. I've given my nieces and nephews modern Lion Dollars for birthdays and Christmas and they're always a conversation starter!

14. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

15. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like the coin advertised?

Draft saved Draft deleted