need opinion on regrade

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Raizac, May 21, 2020.

?

ms 68 or better

Poll closed May 22, 2020.
  1. yes better than there MS-69

66.7%
  2. no it's a MS-68

33.3%
  1. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

And what will it cost you?
    My guess would be about $50, maybe a bit more.

Is that worth the chance?

4. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

Well there is only 1 MS69 FOR PGCS and none for ngc and to get 1grade higher would make this coin worth around 7k according to PGCS

5. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I think that MS68 is as good as your going to get. I think it would be a waste of money to go for it again. The odds of getting the 69 and very low as I see a couple little spots on Kennedy.

Plus, if it did grade MS69, you would have just doubled the population so I'm sure the PCGS value would drop. PCGS values tend to be over estimates anyway.

Dima likes this.
  6. Tim C

Tim C Active Member

Nice looking coin. I don't think it would upgrade, no since in wasting your money trying.

7. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

But if I regrade and get the 69 by chance. would mean that I would have one of the top grade coin in pop of 2.

Thanks for your opinion

8. LRC-Tom

LRC-Tom Been around the block...

PCGS graders are aware of the populations, and their impact. They aren't going to upgrade your coin unless it's an absolute no-brainer. If I were you, I'd save the money, and be happy with the grade you have.

9. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

It looks nicer to me, but i don't think they'll give it to ya

10. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Maybe try sending it for a regrade to NGC instead of PCGS, I think PCGS is harsher on grading by a bit and if it's just a small nudge, NGC might do it.

I mean, if you think it has a shot at the 69, I dont' think PCGS will get you there, but NGC might, but it actually would need to be close, and PCGS grading hypercritical to keep top pop of theirs at 1. Who knows, maybe NGC wants their 1 MS69 of this. LOL

11. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

thanks all I appreciate your opinions this was my first submission to a grading service I have others done through a service

12. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

...and that’s exactly the reason you won’t get a 69. I agree with @John Burgess if you want to resubmit it, then try a different grading company. NGC accepts PCGS crossovers, you’ll not even need to crack it out.

13. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted