Need help

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, May 24, 2016.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Hey I just Really don't know what the heck to do trying to find a 1972 ddo fs-104 , I don't understand why this coin is so expensive...but. Is anyone willing to part with one for a decent price so I can complete my 1972 double die set.

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's Doubled Die not Double Die.. big difference
    quote "Note that the proper terminology for this occurrence includes the letter 'd' at the end of the first word, hence "doubled die". The term "double die" without the first word ending in 'd' is not proper numismatic terminology." closed quote
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubled_die

4. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I could be very wrong but I believe that the FS-104 is the rarest of all the 1972/72 Lincolns. As such, it commands a significant premium over and obave it's big brother which has significantly more doubling.

AND, just like you (minus the deep pockets) the 1972/72 DDO's are a PRIME target for completing a set of DDO's.

5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

PCGS values it at $1000 in EF40. I was unable to find an auction record of one changing hands for less than $1800. Apparent estimate for total population is less than 30 pieces.

Good luck with that. :)

joecoincollect likes this.
  6. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Crap 30??? Wow

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

7. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Not a lot of info out there; my number was from 2012, I think, so more might have been found since. Still a pretty rare bird, because the die apparently started disintegrating almost immediately.

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I have a 1972 LCDDO-003, XF

any idea of value?

Draft saved Draft deleted