Need help!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by cpm9ball, Jun 16, 2010.

1. kangayou

kangayou Junior Member

Chris,

I was worried that someone had broken into your house while your computer was logged into CT and knocked you in the head when they saw your stash of coins.:mad:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

They would have had to get past my 28' pet anaconda, first!

Chris

4. Upvalley

Upvalley Senior Member

Time to get your meds checked...

5. DoK U Mint

DoK U Mint In Odd we Trust

Chinese Meds?

I don't know how I missed this thread.

Before I get the Red Ed please note....

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/odd-curious-and-rare/200911/formication

But I've hefted a 16' anaconda and she was about 200 lbs after her eating a piglet.

But she did help with the holding on part.

And I don't know if Dr Phil has a sense of humor.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry!!!!:confused:

Are you formicated up?

6. cpm9ball

She weighs about 350 lbs, but that is because I have her on a strict diet. Burglars are only an occasional dessert.

Chris

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Didn't think it was legal to keep those in Fla. Musta changed I guess.

When I lived there I used to have a tank full of piranha. They weren't legal either.

8. cpm9ball

I got her as a baby many moons ago.

Have you seen what the pythons are doing to the native wildlife in the Everglades? Monitor lizards have become a very big problem in our area.

Chris

9. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

There's a truck stop down the road and they have trouble with lizards too:goofer:

10. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Chris, I gotta say I loved this thread.
    I decided not to comment at first, I thought you were on some kinda drug, or were having a breakdown or something. :D

Chris this kind of stuff happens, and it sucks when a collector who is just beginning doesn't believe the people who give him advice. I was at one time one of those people, and now I find myself on the other side of that.
    We've had a few members that I can think of recently that have done what you have done or just down right lied to the forum in the tone in which your posts were 'intended' to be written.

I really do appreciate the humor of this thread, but I have one more question. I HAVE A 1933 st, gAudens dOUble Eagle and was told it was worth 5 bilLion dollars. Where cann I sell it? :D

11. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Instead of trying to sell it on ebay, you can save some money and list it in the "Open" section of this forum.

12. tmoneyeagles

Really? But I don't hAVE 1O PosTz yet, I can't p0st tHeey'RE. :D

13. ikandiggit

Oh..... then wait for a couple of months.....you might have 10 then.

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Right here on this site in the "open" section old fellow.....:smile

15. tmoneyeagles

How C@n u b so sHurE?
    WhAt iF MMMY computer BLows up? Or i loooSE inrestt in cons?

16. ikandiggit

I have a computer....send coins to me.

17. tmoneyeagles

NO i only HAVE one coin. The 5 billion DAolalr one, memBeR?
    This iS USEless, I want a REAL EXPERT!!!!

18. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

A lot of newcomers get conflicting or wrong information, to be fair. And as we all learn, when it comes to coins, you must question everything ! We ask, research and learn, but even newbies know that trust is not given freely.

Oh, the Emir of Kuwait might be interested, or the Hunts who are collectors. Right after the bankruptcy of their oil company, one of the brothers bought a couple of Roman coins for $5.5 million. I am sure they are in better financial condition today.

19. tmoneyeagles

When all of the members tell you what is up with your question, and the beginning collectors who had the coin passed down to them, and start arguing it is real and they know more, it gets annoying real fast.
    I've gotten a lot better at patience so I don't start going all out on the people, but I would do everything I can to show the person what we are saying is right.
    If a newcomer doesn't believe the info we give him is accurate, he can go somewhere else. There is no need in arguing with a member who won't be reasonable or see the light, and who really isn't that much of a collector at all.

20. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

True, many of us are like farmers, trying to make something worthwhile from manure. LOL

21. tmoneyeagles

That is why I was trying to sell my 1933 Gaudens a few posts back. :D lol

Draft saved Draft deleted