Need help!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by cpm9ball, Jun 16, 2010.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Frankly, I'd take the car over the coins......

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. raider34

raider34 Active Member

All the coins sound like they're in XF-AU condition. What you should do first is harshly clean all the coins (Brillo pads, and metal polish works best). Once all the coins are nice and shiny you should cut them in half, this will add great value because you now have 26,000 rare broken coin errors. You can then sell all 26,000 of your rare broken errors on eBay. I estimate they are worth $500 dollars each, or 13 million dollars. Also as a tip, when selling on eBay you should use the words L@@K in the title, that naturally causes coins to sell for more.

Congratulations on your inheritance :goofer:.

4. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

And don't forget to take good pics. That really helps sell coins:

[​IMG]

5. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Yep! You need help!

6. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Seriously, you need to consider the time you have involved before considering an offer. Are you counting these your self or do you need to hire someone to do it ? Are the coins large and very heavy ? Heavy coins like gold require special transportation such as an armored carrier. Who will pay for that service ? Then, of course, if you need to have each one certified, that would entail a fee per coin along with shipping. Please be sure to insure the shipment, because if the coins are bright yellow, they might be gold and that would be a lot to lose. Maybe you should split them into lots of a thousand or so each and offer them on eBay. I have heard lots do the best there.

Good luck Chris.

7. kangayou

kangayou Junior Member

That person is not ...
    It is not a matter of just being off meds ...
    Didn't a friend post on the CT with news about surgery a while back ?

Maybe that friend could go visit the real person to make sure they're ok ?

8. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

Holy Mackeral, its 6:35 AM and I need a drink. :eek:dd::vanish::goofer:

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

what best to cut coins? should i cut before scrubbing? you really think theys selling at ebay?

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Well, it's always 5PM somewhere........

11. cpm9ball

dont have camera i said! okay to borrow pichers? is necessary paint fingers, yes?

12. cpm9ball

yes! lots of gold with pichers of george and thomas and james. how much gold worth? is worth lots, yes?

13. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Borrow pichers? Of course. Lots of good pichers on the internet. Painted fingers looks professional! And it makes people look for a long time....like looking at a car crash.

14. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

First you need to buy an electron microscope to search for errors. If you don't do this, you could be giving up a fortune without even knowing it. If you see any kind of doubling or tiny little kings you could make millions.

15. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

LOL, been there, Done that. Bars are always open in Vegas.

16. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Boy Howdy ! How would it be to get that bored :rolleyes:

I feel for ya Chris, I just can't quite reach ya :D

17. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

LOL. It has been a humorous diversion. I mean, I did take it to heart, because it did apply to some of the dumb things I might have asked.
    But doing my own research gets tiring and I get lazy, so asking something that I should have learned on my own, is an easy out.

18. cpm9ball

Okay, everyone, I hope you found this little diversion amusing. It probably would have been more appropriate if this thread had been titled, Things you may be thinking but shouldn't say! but it wouldn't have been much fun that way.

It was never my intent to single out any one person, but I think you will all have to admit that you have seen parts of this dialogue at one point or another in some of the threads we've viewed here. I was even surprised that someone (Doug?) had edited my most colorful descriptive which had been intentional in an attempt to elicit the dreaded "edited".

Please, if anyone who has read all of these posts, is offended by the nature of this thread, you should call Dr. Phil immediately.

Chris

Attached Files:

• hi.gif
      hi.gif
      File size:
      703 bytes
      Views:
  19. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Are you talkin' to me ? LOL
    Nah, don't need no stinkin' badges or Dr. Phil either.

And, I appreciate humor.

20. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

It would have been a whole lot more effective if you had created a new ID that would have made the initial post a "first post".

21. cpm9ball

Yeah, I know, but I'm not into that kind of thing. Besides, Doug might have really gotten mad if I had done that.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted