Need Help with Value

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by DamagedWorld, Jan 16, 2023.

1. DamagedWorld

DamagedWorld Member

C0DB3666-E37E-4BD4-AFBE-805D1D51DA02.png I have recently purchased a 1852-DATED CAL. GOLD INDIAN - WREATH #1 8 STARS, OCTAG, 11.7mm TOKEN

It has a rarity of 8 and a Pop of 1. I have no idea what the token is could be worth… would someone please help.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Did you buy the one pictured, graded MS63 by NGC? If so, how much did you pay?

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. DamagedWorld

DamagedWorld Member

Yes i bought that one and it was what i thought was a fair price, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that is the value of the coin. Here’s what i am thinking….i am thinking it could be way more valuable than what I purchased it for. Thank you for your input.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

And I'm thinking that at that rarefied level in a somewhat thinly-traded series, YOUR purchase is probably what other people will be looking at when they're trying to figure out what it's worth. :)

Looks like a very cool acquisition -- congrats!

6. DamagedWorld

DamagedWorld Member

Thank you so much!

7. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

I can't tell you anything about the value, but I can tell you that looks like a neat buy!

DamagedWorld likes this.
  8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Wow. That really could be a special piece. I looked it up on NGC myself…… Most certainly rare…. I have often heard it said here on CT that the value is what somebody is willing to pay. And in the case of this piece, that could very well be the case. I believe this is one of those deals where we would need someone with a working knowledge of the California gold to ascertain a reasonable value. I’ll stay tuned in as I am quite interested at how this turns out.

9. DamagedWorld

DamagedWorld Member

Thank you, as i do more and more research I’ve scoured the internet etc,… i have found very little on this token. So I agree with you!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

No idea but that's a beautiful little interesting piece.I don't think you'll find any similar auction records on this one so I agree with Randy above.

DamagedWorld likes this.
  11. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinking.

DamagedWorld likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted