Need help with old token!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SCDigginWithAK, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Hey everybody,
    I need help with identifying the age, company, and value, of this token. I can not find any information on the actual company itself, unfortunately. From one website I saw, it said late 1800s but was hoping someone could narrow this down to a certain decade.
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Did you Google the address ?

4. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

For whatever reason I was intrigued about information on this token. I have searched the internet without much luck. Some of what I found. The token was made by Scovill Mfg. which was originally started as a button manufacturer in the early 19th century. The address 59 So. Canal St. and 61 So. Canal St. in 1871 looks to be on the edge of buildings that burned during the Great Chicago Fire. Also, in 1909 Chicago renumbered a lot of streets where they used Madison and So. Canal as the starting point of renumbering. 59 & 61 So. Canal did not get renumbered. If you're an ANA member they may have a book by Ore H. Vacketta that may have further information on the token. Also, search the authors name here(CoinTalk), and there is a thread or two mentioning this book. Lastly, you may try contacting the Chicago Coin Club and present the token to them. The club may have further information.

Good Luck.

5. 2Old

2Old Active Member

6. Thank you all for your help!

Draft saved Draft deleted