Need Help Please

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Rick Brown, May 6, 2016.

1. Rick Brown

Rick Brown New Member

Ok, some of you are familiar with my situation so those of you who are not here we go. I sent a rare encased postage stamp to a grading company which by the way was given to me by my grandmother more than 45 years ago and started me collecting coins. Well they lost it. So I was sent $418.50 to cover the cost they said it was worth. We had agreed on $5000 because of its rarity but this is what I was sent. So what could I do but except the loss and move on. Now 1 year later I receive a certified letter saying he has my coin and if I dont send him back the money by June 1st 2016 he is going to sell it. All I ask for is pictures of the front and back to make sure it is the exact same coin as he did tell me he was going to try and find one to replace it. So now as before I am being avoided. All I want is pictures to make sure it is in fact the same coin. Is that asking too much? Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Rick

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

4. Rick Brown

Rick Brown New Member

I feel the same way

5. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

How did a postage stamp turn into a coin?

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

encased stamp

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Rick:

Which grading service was it?

8. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

stamps encased in a brass or white metal token were used as store change and advertising during the civil war.
    [​IMG]

Markus1959 likes this.
  9. New Windsor Bill

New Windsor Bill Well-Known Member

A whole year later! Wow, you have some case there. By chance do you have any documentation or pictures of your original coin?

10. omahaorange

omahaorange Active Member

Not exactly sure what is you're looking for from this forum in the way of advice. After reading your other thread, I'm not convinced this all the attributer's fault. You posted the "email" where he called you out, not him. You didn't say much to refute those claims. So...

As far as advice, mine would be to send the man his money and wait for the stamp to be returned. As long as you send the check certified mail, keep receipts and cancelled check, you have the evidence you need (along with his contact information) to pursue a case should he renege on the deal. It seem he does have, after all, documentation to the effect that he lost the item, offered compensation, remitted compensation to you, found the item, and now has a legitimate claim on that item to be able to sell it. Just send him a check, or give up the fight. Your probably not going to win at this stage of the game.

Garlicus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted