Need help identifying worth of this Error coin

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Coinguy57, May 27, 2017.

1. Coinguy57

Coinguy57 New Member

Recently I aquired a bunch of error coins and I haven't been able to find all of them on the web what do you guys think about this dime? What kind of worth and what Error would this be? It looks like the other numbers besides the 1 were firmly struck was this a die error?

Attached Files:

gates likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

First, welcome to C.T. Could you point out what you are referring to? Close up, cropped picks of both sides, and please use full size option when uploading picks.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Nah, don't need any other pictures. Commonly referred to as a "grease filled die", no matter what it was filled with. Little to no value. I stand to be corrected.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I agree!

You can sit down, now!

Chris

dwhiz likes this.
  6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Thank you...whew....

7. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Nothing to correct. Grease filling on the dies is a common problem since grease an oil are commonly used with the manufacturing of metal parts.

8. gates

gates Member

I could not see the coin that well , but, it looks like there is some slight doubling around the R . I can't tell you how much it's worth because I'm having the same problem. If I had to take a guess I'd say between .40 and 4.00 . But, don't mistake my word for truth . I'm new at this, and as soon as I figure out how, I'm going to post mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted