Need help from experienced JeffersonNickel collectors...

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatthewT, Mar 17, 2018.

1. MatthewT

MatthewT Active Member

Hey ladies and gents. Stumbled upon an interesting find today while going over some beautiful nickels to replace some already in my ‘61-‘94 Jefferson album. The coin in question is a 1995 Philadelphia Mint. As I mentioned it was a bit nicer than the one I already had. Just as I was comparing the two I realized some extra. The ‘95 P I found seems to have what looks like the tip of Jefferson’s lower-right collar visible. I’ve checked my whole book and even coins I have in AU/BU condition, only to find that none of the other coins have said extra piece. Below are photos, this does not look post mint damage, and if I had no experience with the nickel I would just imagine it being the lower point of his right collar showing. Please let me know what you all think. Error? Variety? Nothing special? I can’t find anything on the discrepancy. :( please help! E235BBFE-F10A-43DF-811A-02EB0A78BFF6.jpeg 9445EFBA-436D-4FCF-99D3-4828389C2A88.jpeg It almost looks like the point of his sharp Adam’s apple appears again just where his shirt and collar meet. Next photo is a nearly AU coin : no sharp object to be found.
    85162B60-0179-435D-A39D-1B8B47BA138B.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Die chip

Stevearino and Seattlite86 like this.
  4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

see above

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

See above the above. :)

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

See above the above of the above :wacky:

Stevearino and Seattlite86 like this.
  7. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

A little chippy today?

8. ACoinJob

ACoinJob There are still some out there to be had.

I actually had 1 also, just looking for a 7 step reverse, and noticed it also. Good eye :)

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted