Need help finding a resource -

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by JDcompy, Mar 13, 2024.

1. JDcompy

JDcompy Chief Inspiration Officer

Hi all!

I've been very into Confederate Currency, Colonial, and State Currency for many years - I love the varieties etc. But, I also know that (especially because they were printed with low tech) they are very reproducible and there are a lot of fakes/facsimiles out there.

I'm looking for a book on Confederate and State Currency. -one with pictures and more of a "complete guide" (as best there is) so I can say oh I have this one and this one but not this one.. type of thing.

I found this resource: https://www.amazon.com/Confederate-Treasury-Notes-Illustrated-Catalog/dp/1453816550

which seems adequate (but haven't purchased yet) for Confederate C- but, would love something for Colonial/State currency or a combo of all three.

Any recommendations? Anyone have one they like they can recommend?

Thank you!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

The Early Paper Money of America 2023 edition By Eric P. Newman. It will set you back about $100, but it's worth it and it's available on Amazon.

4. JDcompy

@Tall Paul Appreciate the suggestion! To be honest, I was looking more in the (around $20 range) - if that's a possibility..

5. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

Money invested in books will pay you back many times over. Perhaps your local library might have some books you could check first for content etc.

ZoidMeister and masterswimmer like this.
  6. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

If you don't need the most up to date edition you can pick one up on eBay for +/_ $30.

Tall Paul likes this.
  7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

8. JDcompy

Thank you all!

Draft saved Draft deleted