Need advice (Post 1 of 2)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Brad Harris, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Brad Harris

Brad Harris New Member

IMG_3851.JPG IMG_3852.JPG IMG_3851.JPG IMG_3852.JPG IMG_3853.JPG IMG_3854.JPG IMG_3855.JPG IMG_3856.JPG IMG_3857.JPG IMG_3858.JPG IMG_3859.JPG IMG_3860.JPG

Hello All: I know the pics are not that great but I was wondering if any of you all would look at getting these graded? If so who is the best to go with PCGS or NGC?

Thanks,

b

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

IMO (and with the photos shown) I don't see much point in grading those...and this is coming from someone who has more than a few glorified pocket change pieces graded for silly sets.

Unless there is a variety I don't know about or a date I'm not seeing and/or familiar with these don't look to be worth the cost.

The basic most generic to the public cost is around $17 at either service, not including shipping, so as a round number (hi Heritage!) use $20 per coin to slab...is it worth it?

And looking more closely at the coins for other than date/variety, are they cleaned/damaged/what condition are they. The photos appear they are lower grade and things like cleaning/polishing/damage might even put them in details slabs.

As for which service, well I have a slight preference given my collection is mostly non-US, but either is competent. Some prefer the look of the slabs at one vs. the other, and some are convinced regarding the inherent superiority of one vs. the other and routinely disparage the other company. I consider them both quality services.

If you can either take better photos, or perhaps find a local coin club or coin shop perhaps you can get a rough idea by someone who can see the coins better.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Nope, not worth grading. Unless your quest is to help the owners of a TPG firm buy a bigger yacht.

5. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Well that sums it up much better than my wordy answer! :D.

Draft saved Draft deleted