Need a little help with this Valerian

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Smojo, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

I thought this would be simple. I've looked on Wildwinds & Forvm, I think I may have matched it on Forvm but it's not what I was thinking it was. Now as I showed everybody I'm usually incorrect anyway, not really. Maybe 50/50.
    This Valerian reverse I originally was thinking maybe Apollo but trying to attribute it I'm thinking it Gallienus. This is just one of 4 or so that I'm trying to attribute in what time I have to invest in Internet hunting. I'm still trying to learn these.
    I put the reverse up first because it's what I'm struggling with. Thanks 20160729_180157_1469840604310.jpg 20160729_180117_1469840590171.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Magnus Maximus

Magnus Maximus Dulce et Decorum est....

Smojo likes this.
  4. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

You can read the full obverse legend on this one so start there. Go to the Wildwinds page for Valerian, look for that obverse legend("IMP VALERIANVS AVG") and see if anything matches the reverse type and legend.

Smojo likes this.
  5. Pishpash

Pishpash Well-Known Member

6. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

That's what I found on forvm, Thanks. Picked it up last week guy has Emperor & Apollo on the tag, tried to attribute but not finding it under that. Was an inexpensive whim buy.

Pishpash likes this.
  7. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

I did.

Thanks Pish forgot about Vcoins. Been working to many days straight, brain starts to slow down.

Pishpash likes this.
  8. Magnus Maximus

Magnus Maximus Dulce et Decorum est....

@Smojo No problem amigo. I just got off an airplane a few hours ago so I feel your pain.
    Cheers mate!

Smojo likes this.
  9. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

Here's the listing in RIC under "Asia (Antioch)":

Capture.JPG

Smojo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted