Neat little care package arrived in mail today

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Digenes, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Digenes

Digenes Just a collector

Received a neat little care package from my mom in the mail today. Haven't really had time to go through all that was in it, but she found a small box of coins that my Dad had stashed away. After a quick sort, of the silver from the copper and then trying to sort out and foreign coins, I found a neat little surprise (at least for myself)
    after sorting the copper I found myself with a cent tube of 1943 steelies, a mixture of P,D and S
    Also during a quick look at the remaining cents, I spotteda 1910, 1911, 1912, 2 1919,s and about 45 other wheaties. So will have fun the next couple of days actually sitting down to see what I have.

Dave

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Nice, what grades would you say your wheats are in the teens?

4. Digenes

Digenes Just a collector

Snaz
    Over the next couple of days, as I get a chance to look at them, I will make sure I get some photo's of them to post. When it comes to grading I still don't make the grade myself :)

5. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Nice care package.

6. snaz

snaz Registry fever

You should take a stab at grading them as best you can, then get the opinions of others here!

7. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

very nice package from mom :) and snaz is right! I stink at grading coins myself, but a nice way to learn is to try and grade them yourself, and then ask opinions from those on the forum that are much better at grading. Then they cantell you why they graded it as such, and hopefully you will learn a thing or two to help you grade better.

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

That is the way to do it.

Try it yourself first.

If you don't practice, you'll never learn.

Draft saved Draft deleted