NCS Question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mac266, Oct 15, 2010.

1. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

EDIT: I just found my answer, and it appears I'm ewedscray: http://www.ngccoin.com/details/improperly-cleaned-coins.aspx

My original post for posterity:

I just got a batch of coins back from NGC. Of the five coins I submitted, three graded exactly where I thought they would. The other two were graded in the grades I expected, but as "details." I was surprised by the "details" grading, having completely missed that both coins had been "improperly cleaned."

DOH!!!! I'm very upset at this, of course, but it's not NGC's fault.

My question is, does NCS conserve coins that have been improperly cleaned? I have submission privileges, but I've never used their service. I've also looked in their brochure they sent me and online, but that question isn't answered. I don't want to pay to send the two coins back to the, only to have them turn around and mail them back to me (while billing me for it!) without doing anything.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jerseycat10

jerseycat10 Peace Dollar Connoisseur

They may conserve them to increase eye appeal, but the damage is done... they cannot un-clean them.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Jersey is right. You can't "unclean" a coin, and you would just be wasting your money.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted