NCAPDP - my new society

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rhoggman, Aug 10, 2008.

1. rhoggman

rhoggman New Member

National Campaign Against Presidential Dollar Prices.....

I just learned that people are paying exorbitant amounts of money for MS70 presidential dollars, and I would like all of you to join me in saving those who would become enslaved to a piece of metal worth 1/20th it's own face value.

Please do some research, and realize people need saving....
    Evil is dwelling among us, and we must stomp it out.

http://www.paradisemint.com/2008-Presidential-Dollar-Four-Coin-Set-PCGS-PR70-DCAM-_p_56-923.html

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Do you also plan to save those who collect currency that is worth much much less than 5% of face value?

4. quicknight

quicknight Member

If people are willing to pay big money for coins, some one will be willing to sell it to them.

5. rhoggman

rhoggman New Member

The National Campaign Against Presidential Dollar Prices cannot police the world. That is a job we leave up to Team America. The NCAPDP does not dabble in currency or stamp collecting, but hopes any concerned "collecter" will alert his friends when a bad deal arises.

NCAPDP does not have the time to bring all Evil into the Light, and therefore reserves the right to stomp on only that Evil which it sees fit.

This message is not endorsed by rhoggman, but was written by him under duress from the Holy Spirit of Lady Liberty's Daughters at gunpoint.

6. rhoggman

rhoggman New Member

You don't say....

I just think it is utterly rediculous, and I'm trying to make light of the situation...... 1k for a MS proof presidential dollar set?? All I can type is WTF.... (what tail feathers?)

7. kidromeo

kidromeo I M LEGEND

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Well if you can stop them from doing that - go for it. Then you can work on the other 70's. There will always be another cause - of course if they would just educate themselves to start with then this might not be a problem.

9. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

What? Are People really paying a grand for MS-70 Presidential Dollars???

10. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

I say let them. That way they're not spending their money on any coins that are actually worth a grand, which leaves such coins open for me to buy. People who blow that much on ANY modern coin aren't collectors anyways....they're unwise investors.
    Guy~

11. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

...with emphasis on the "unwise" part ! :D

Looks like they slashed the price to "only" $975.

12. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

suckers all of them. Anyone who spends any kind of money on MS/PF 70 statehood quarters, pres dollars or any other modern garbage is gonna get burned sooner or later in my estimation.

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

A fool and his money are soon parted....Thomas Tusser

14. quicknight

quicknight Member

Makes me want to submit a few rolls of pres dollars and sell them so I can finally afford to get the 1885-CC morgan I've been wanting.

15. rhoggman

rhoggman New Member

It seems the going rate for MS69's is somewhere in the nieghborhood of $5-$8 as the graded proof sets are about $30. I'm not even sure those prices can be sustained now that the mint is selling them at face value. I have a hard time believing PCGS's price guide for these things: http://www.pcgs.com/prices/PriceGuideDetail.aspx?c=1681

Who knows.... I'm sure some of the coin shop folks can chime in.

Draft saved Draft deleted