Native American Dollars

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mike Nielsen, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

Wikipedia is not accurate.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert91791

No Presidential coin made this YTD so far. I'm surprised that they made 2018 NA for this year. Unless they are planning to make towards at the end of the year.

okbustchaser likes this.
  4. Robert91791

USMintProd.png

Here is the snapshop of YTD production 2018

5. Robert91791

2017 Annual Report

Attached Files:

6. Robert91791

No Presidential coin printed this year because the US Mint is coming up with the

2018 American Innovation $1 Coin Program

7. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Plus there aren't any eligible Presidents left....

Robert91791 likes this.
  8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

What happens if Jimmy Carter dies?

Robert91791 likes this.
  9. Robert91791

Well I guess he will be on the coin soon. Im not familiar as to when can a dead President be on the coin.

10. Robert91791

President must be deceased for two years.

11. Robert91791

The law states that 4 President must be on the list and they are release in the order of their service. In addition, for every 4 President coin release one must be a Native American coin and will continue to make NA coin even after the President coin ends.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  12. Robert91791

The minting of Native American $1 coin will be forever.

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They'll have a funeral.

They may or may not pass new legislation to create a new Presidental dollar for him. And new legislation would be required. Of course you know that.

Robert91791 likes this.
  14. Robert91791

The act specifies that for a former president to be honored, they must have been deceased for at least two years before issue.[26][27] Hence, former presidents Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and current President Donald Trump were ineligible to have a dollar coin issued in their honor. The series ended in 2016, after honoring Ronald Reagan, the last President who was eligible.

Since the program has terminated, producing coins for those presidents not yet honored would require another Act of Congress.[28]

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

That's what I said.

Robert91791 likes this.
  16. Robert91791

the Sacagawea design is required to continue after the Presidential Coin program ends. These requirements were added at the behest of the North Dakota congressional delegation to ensure that Sacagawea, whom North Dakotans consider to be one of their own, ultimately remains on the dollar coin

17. Robert91791

Federal Reserve officials indicated to Congress that "if the Presidential $1 Coin Program does not stimulate substantial transactional demand for dollar coins, the requirement that the Mint nonetheless produce Sacagawea dollars would result in costs to the taxpayer without any offsetting benefits." In that event, the Federal Reserve indicated that it would "strongly recommend that Congress reassess the one-third requirement."[7] The one-third requirement was later changed to one-fifth by the Native American $1 Coin Act,[8] passed on September 20, 2007.

18. Robert91791

YES

19. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Nothing. The program is over.

IIRC, the legislation stated that the dollars would be issued in order of their presidencies.

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

They put him on a native American coin...........I hear he's half Cherokee........

CoinCorgi likes this.
  21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And don't you folks go lookin' for that..........I made it up. The internet is loath with misinformation........:)

Robert91791 and CoinCorgi like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted