National Park Quarters Folder

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Endeavor, Feb 12, 2014.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

Finally got a 2013D Rushmore yesterday (wife found it) - excellent BU-like condition. Also found a Shenendoah P last week, first 2014 to show up for me (though technically I have them all, since I have a 2014 mint set and the clad and silver proof sets, but nothing beats finding them in circulation)

Endeavor likes this.
  4. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I have been putting both the Philadelphia and Denver coins with the reverse showing. I've noticed most people do it like this. I'm thinking about changing it so the obverse for Philadelphia shows while Denver shows reverse. Or maybe do P & D obverses showing in an alternating fashion. What are your thoughts?

5. drathbun

drathbun Well-Known Member

I've been putting them in the slots with the reverse showing, since that's what is interesting. To me the P or D is implied by which slot the coin is in. Besides, everyone should know what George looks like by now, right? :)

Endeavor likes this.
  6. Endeavor

Good points. Most folders already have the mint marked on the page itself (mine does). Also true that the reverse is the interesting side and probably best to show both reverses (P & D). Thanks for the reply.

7. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Dansco albums obviously let you see both sides. I use Dansco, but if I used a folder then I would put the P obverse and the D reverse showing.

Endeavor likes this.
  8. drathbun

I have a Whitman book but it is designed to show both sides. The "front page" for me shows the quarter design and George is hanging out (upside down) on the back of the page. :)

Endeavor likes this.
  9. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Got a 2014-D Arches today in change. Fill them holes!

Endeavor likes this.
  10. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

Endeavor likes this.
  11. Endeavor

Got a 2010-P Yosemite today in my change at Subway...

2010P Yosemite.jpg

bdunnse likes this.
  12. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Travelling on the east coast and got Acadia-P and Arches-P in change.

Endeavor likes this.
  13. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

A jar of spare change that I inherited yielded some hole fillers...

Guam-P, American Samoa-P, U.S. Virgin Islands-P (completes my territories collection)

Gettysburg-P

Endeavor likes this.
  14. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Anyone order the Sand Dunes Quarter yesterday? I ordered a roll from each mint (P, D & S) to put away.

Endeavor likes this.
  15. drathbun

I have been ordering the 3-coin quarter sets using the subscription. Probably not getting my money's worth, but they come in a neat package with the history of the site featured on the quarter. I get one P, one D, and one S in each package.

These, I have from the beginning of the series. I wasn't so lucky to start buying the pucks at the same time...

Endeavor likes this.
  16. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

2011-P Vicksburg in change today.

Endeavor likes this.
  17. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

It is fun collecting these guys because you feel so lucky when you get one in your change. Thus, a high grade album seems appropriate for them.

bdunnse and Endeavor like this.
  18. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

2014-D Everglades in change today.

Endeavor likes this.
  19. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Still missing the following ATB Quarters in P & D from pocket change...

P - Hot Springs
    D - Grand Canyon
    P - El Yunque
    P - Chaco Culture
    D - Acadia
    P - White Mountain
    P - Fort McHenry
    P - Mount Rushmore
    P,D - Great Sand Dunes
    P - Everglades

Endeavor likes this.
  20. Endeavor

I visited the US west coast last week and was able to get a Denver minted 2013 Great Basin. That was the only one from this series, but I filled some Denver holes from other denominations.

bdunnse likes this.
  21. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I'll bet I've seen less than 10 state park quarters in my pocket change since the program began. Not sure why, I just don't seem to get 'em. If I tried to fill a book from pocket change it would take me forever.

They should have a folder with the "S" mint openings too. I order those in rolls from the mint every year since they started offering them. They're clad and made like all the other circulation quality coins. Just sold only to collectors in rolls and bags.

Draft saved Draft deleted