N&N London = Problem or not?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Herberto, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Herberto

Herberto Well-Known Member

Hey - I just need some advices.

Recently I won some lots from N&N London in biddr.com. And I tried to transfer the money. But my bank is saying it is suspicious and that I should reconsider it.

N&N London had over 40 auctions in Biddr.com.

They have provided an address (but anyone can make up an address).

They have a webpage, (but again anyone can make a webpage).

And there are no private names, which is weird I think.

-----

So, I have a friend in London, which I consider to ask him to do me a favor to check it.

Have you heard a problem with N&N London before?

panzerman and paschka like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I have never had a transaction with N&N before but I will say this.... Anytime I do any transaction overseas, I have to contact my bank first so that they know it is a legitimate transaction. I been with my bank thirty years and have three personal accounts and multiple business accounts with them, Needless to say, they know me very well... But they will not allow an overseas transaction to take place unless I contact them first.

philologus_1, paschka and Broucheion like this.
  4. edteach

edteach Well-Known Member

I just bought a coin from N&N. I bought it through Vcoins. The N-N I bought from is out of Vienna Austria. Not sure if its the same or different.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
  5. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

They are not suspicious in that sense. There shouldn't be anything wrong with paying the invoice by bank transfer, aside from the usual stuff.

I'm assuming it was an automated alert of some kind? Have you done overseas bank transfers for invoices before? (Used to be how everyone had to do it, now people can use PayPal or a card.) It's normal for U.S. banks at least (where bank transfers have always been less common) to have an extra, automated step where they make sure you know what you're doing.

That said, they're a high volume "budget" firm, not a higher tier firm, so more things can go wrong with your coins than with, say, CNG or Heritage. But they're not going to outright rip you off or close up and disappear next week or something.

6. -monolith-

-monolith- Supporter! Supporter

I've made many purchases from N&N London without any issues; other than their fees are expensive (21% buyers and processing, 35£+ for shipping and they want payment in British pounds so add another 22%+ to convert from US $). Basically double the purchase price of the coin. I have had issues making payments with Wise as money is in my linked account but Wise will sometimes take 4-5 days to allow payment to go thru.

7. Herberto

Herberto Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your comments.

Maybe it was the Brexit, that has caused some issues now.

I think you are confusing N&N London (From London) with NN Numismatik Naumann (From Vienna), which are two different houses. :)

8. edteach

edteach Well-Known Member

Thanks I figured that out once I looked. It just says NdotN but underneath the checkout it said Numismatik Naumann. No worries.

Draft saved Draft deleted