Mystery Coins - The Resurrection

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Mark Metzger, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Mark Metzger

Mark Metzger Well-Known Member

Hey all! Happy Sunday morning to you. Here are a couple mystery pieces I've posted in their own threads over the past few months. Though there's been some feedback, no definitive identification has been made for either coin. Maybe a fresh thread will land some insightful eyes on these two pieces.
    The first coin was suggested to be a communion token of some sort and the second as speculated as some manner of Chilean jetton/token.
    I'd love to get to the bottom of either of these. Thanks as always for the input.
    IMG_4117.JPG IMG_4118.JPG IMG_4119.JPG IMG_4120.JPG IMG_4121.JPG
    Last photo is for size comparison

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Well, I was going to say the one on the right is an Australian penny.... :D. No helpful thoughts to add otherwise.

4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Though I haven't a clue as to identify them. The diez pesos could be a gaming token of some sort. The size reminds me of a German one I have imitating a British Farthing.

5. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

The 10 peso piece is no doubt a Chilean piece. I agree with Pickin and Grinin. I would say a gaming piece as there is no reverse side like a jetton would probably have? KM_142_1 1873.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted