My Way or the Highway

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Billy Kingsley, Jan 7, 2010.

1. One thing I don't understand about humans in general is the apparent lack of ability to "allow" different opinions. It happens in all walks of life and it would seem it happens in numismatics too.

Here are some examples:

The people who think that all modern coins are not worth collecting.

The people who think that all non-slabbed coins are not worth collecting.

The people who think that all original surface, non-toned coins have been dipped. Likewise, the people who think that all toned coins have been AT'd.

Those are just the three biggest examples I can think of. I see no reason why either camp on any of those feel the need to be so diametrically opposed. SO WHAT if somebody collects something different then you do, or likes something different then you do? Really, is that any reason to attack, argue or berate anyone?? The answer, of cource, is NO! Who really cares if the next person doesn't collect what you do? The way I see it, everyone who collects something you don't, is less competition for what you want to collect.

There is way too much hate and useless anger in the world. Why would you want to bring that hate and anger into your hobby? Afterall, aren't hobbies supposed to be, well....FUN?

You know what...those of you who feel the need to attack, belittle, argue with, whatver, a differing opinion then the one you have, you all can go live on the moon for all I care. I am here to have fun and I won't let anyone tell me what I find fun is not fun. Even if it's not directed at me, I don't want to see it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. peachwings

peachwings Junior Member

People always try to put others down. it's human nature, unfortunately. Don't let them put you down. Keep enjoying what you do, cuz they can say what they want, but it's still more fun than they'll ever know! Their loss! And as for those people who are prejudice against certain coins.... let 'em kiss ur ass.

4. david mackenzie

david mackenzie david mackenzie

:eek: Money makes the world go around its what we do with it if you are a hoarder:rolling: or a buyer:goofer: or save for the fun:D its your call .

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Hey Bill. That avatar shot of you, is that because you refused to collect slabbed coins?:smile

Total agreement old friend.....

6. Thanks for the comments all :) I've always been a bit of a free thinker, the only opinion that affected me was me, and if you like it great, if not...that's great too! So I don't let anybody get me down!

Ken nah, it's just me being a goofball :)

7. Nummus_Superbus

Nummus_Superbus Numismatist from Mars**

It's called "THE RULES" and its how people are controlled by everyone else. Otherwise we'd have a free and equal world in which everyone is happy. Duh...

8. Labrat

Labrat New Member

i agree with you 100%

Draft saved Draft deleted