Featured My Visit to the CC Mint

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by USS656, Dec 7, 2010.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

A big thank you to Haleiwa for directions to the CC Mint. Was only able to spend about a half hour there as the kids were extremely anxious to reach our final destination. Well worth the $5 it cost to go in!!! Just South of Reno, Nevada the mint is towards the south end of town right on the main street (HW-395) and across from the Golden Nugget (how appropo). Took many pictures and a few pictures here which I hope are okay to post. Bought a little something :D and I though there would be no collecting this trip. :D:D:D Quite honestly I didn't realize I would be driving right past it on our way to the mountains so bad planning on my part! I could have spent a few hours there as there was more to see than just the mint. The museum goes into mining, guns, and Nevada history. They were almost ready to start the coin press when I left :mad:. That would have been really neat to see and boy the questions I would have had!!! Hope you enjoy the photos! ~ Darryl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

very nice job, Darryl!

4. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

The last time I was there they had not opened the museum yet. I will definitely check it out the next time I am in the Lake Tahoe area. Ken Hopple operates the coin press at the CC Mint and I have had the pleasure to talk to him several times at ANA Summer Seminars.

5. wledswift

wledswift New Member

Last time I was in that area the mint wasn't open at all. Great pics I will have to go soon. Its only about 2 hrs from home. Thanks for the Idea

6. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Thanks Guys, This was one great part of a great vacation! I look forward to going back some day and spending more time. Anyone that is into American History and especially coin collecting should stop by! I didn't know who Ken was when I was there but it must have been him getting ready to start up the press that day. Next time I will be sure to introduce myself.

Best Regards ~ Darryl

7. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

Sounds like you had a terrific visit. It's been one of my regrets, that in as many times I should have taken the opportunity to visit that Mint, sadly I did not. Now in my present circumstances, it's probably isn't in my future . Cheers!

8. w1a9c8k5

w1a9c8k5 Junior Member

I hope i can go someday. Looks like a good experience

9. Loves2Travel

Loves2Travel PEACE DOLLAZ

I was pretty bent when the Denver mint was boooked up hardcore when I was visiting. But I have family in the city so I will just schedule it ahead of time!! :cool: Neat pix though thanks

10. sunflower

sunflower New Member

I did not realize that the CC Mint was still standing. Very nice.

11. jays-dad

jays-dad Member

Reminds me of my visit to the NO mint. Very similar looking.

12. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I would love to visit it some time! Great to see that history is still alive in Nevada!

gsalexan likes this.
  13. flipacoin

flipacoin Active Member

Very Interesting, thanks for sharing!

14. Great illustrations, if ever I'm that way I would just love to visit that mint.

Draft saved Draft deleted