My top 10 of 2019 (so far).

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Michael Stolt, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

You have some wonderful coins. It amazes me looking through all the top 10 2019 coins how many darn nice coins I've missed throughout the year.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Michael Stolt likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael Stolt

Michael Stolt Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. It will be a tough year to beat, but I'm looking forward to what 2020 may bring :) And good luck on your hunt for more interesting gold next year :)

4. Michael Stolt

Yes it can be tricky to buy coins directly from Italian auction houses at times, but I'm patient so I don't mind :)

By the way, one coin that didn't make the list this year is very much related to the quote you have under your avatar ;)

[​IMG]

M. Cipius M.f. 115-114 BC. AR Denarius (18mm, 3.88 g). Rome mint.

Obverse: Helmeted head of Roma right, wearing single drop earring and pendant necklace; X (mark of value) to left, M • CIPI • M • F upward to right.

Reverse: Victory driving galloping biga right, holding reins and palm frond; rudder below horses; ROMA in exergue.

Reference: Crawford 289/1

5. gogili1977

gogili1977 Well-Known Member

Excellent selection of coins with interesting reverses.

Michael Stolt likes this.
  6. Michael Stolt

Thank you! Yes it gets a bit crazy towards the end :D

7. Michael Stolt

Thank you very much :) Yes it is quite difficult to give precise placements for each coin in the top five :p

Severus Alexander likes this.
  8. Michael Stolt

Thank you very much :) Happens outside of CT too :p I tend to kick myself a little at times when looking through auction results from the past couple of years and discover coins I missed.

9. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

ALL great coins! ALL great! Yours are in my historical collecting focus, and they are all fun for me, @Michael Stolt ! Nice.

10. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

Some hot stuff there, but that Octavian, MA, and Octavia AE coin is my fav for sure!

11. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

You had an amazing year for sure @Michael Stolt ! My favorites;

#1 - Simply wow. What an amazing coin.

#5 - What a nice portrait for such a small Roman coin from this period. Great eye appeal. Great provenance as well.

#6 - A beautiful coin and I really like the reverse. One of the nicest of these that I’ve seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted