My top 10 for 2018

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Terence Cheesman, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Gavin Richardson

Gavin Richardson Well-Known Member

Breathtaking. Here’s a transcript of me scrolling down:

“Oh, that’s my favorite...”
    “No, that's my favorite...”

If I were to steal one of these coins while you weren’t looking, it would be the Augustus Cistophoros.

I’m looking for an Otho now to complete my 12 Caesars set, and I measure their quality but how many curls I can see in his wig. LOL. Yours pretty much has full curls. 10/10. I might have to steal that one too.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I would take them all (would be a pity to dispatch them)

Q

Alegandron likes this.
  4. Pavlos

Pavlos You pick out the big men. I'll make them brave!

Wow what a coins, great year @Terence Cheesman

Sometimes these kind of posts make me think to change my collection strategy, to switch from buying many more common beautiful coins to few big/rare and amazing looking coins. The Metapontion stater looks gorgeous, I want to aim for a Metapontion nomos or who knows a stater in 2019. And the Kos tetradrachm is on point, for 2019 I was already planning to either get a bronze coin or drachm from there, a tetradrachm is a bit out of my budget unfortunately :)

5. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

HOLY CRAP!! What a group!

Man, Demeter is looking into my soul! Wow!

6. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

great collection

7. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

All are wonderful to the point it would be easier to point out the one that is overshadowed by the other nine. I consider the reverse centering of the Otho to be really sad since it loses the word OTHONIS and we have so few coins with the ruler's name as part of the reverse. When it comes to style, I like the as. It is much more than a big hunk of metal. Thanks for sharing!

Roman Collector likes this.
  8. Wow I really love this. What a stunning design on both sides. Lovely quality too. A real beaut!

9. gogili1977

gogili1977 Well-Known Member

Exceptional coins.

10. AnYangMan

AnYangMan Well-Known Member

Wow, looks like 2019 was a productive year for you. There isn’t a coin on the list that is absolutely superb, but my favourite has to be that Aes Grave As! Really exceptional quality for such a cast piece. Also love the portrait and crab on that tet from Kos!

11. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

A great set of coins!

I like the Kos tetradrachm the best, myself!

John

12. Mike Margolis

Mike Margolis Well-Known Member

That stater is amazing! and the Augustus cistophoric tet is so pretty, what style! fantastic coins.

13. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

I had to put my eyes back in my head pick up my jaw and wipe the drool off my key board. Damn fine year you had. To say anything else might get edited from a mod.
    Awsome coins

Alegandron likes this.
  14. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

LOL...

Draft saved Draft deleted