My Thoughts on the Morgan 2021 Silver Dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Matthew Kruse, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Dealers used to say the same thing about Arrows and Rays Seated material, "Too Common".

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

If they were $20 bucks it would be OK but no way I am spending that money on a new commem. I can get considerable coin value for $80.

4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

dan smith likes this.
  6. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

Technically, the PRODUCT limit is 175K. What this means to me is packaging type. I think they will produce more of these in other packaging configurations and/or sets.

Terrifrompa and Matthew Kruse like this.
  7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

8. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Would you look at that! The mint lowered the household order limit to 10 instead of 25!
    upload_2021-4-21_16-48-17.jpeg

UncleScroge, davdo, Vess1 and 2 others like this.
  9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

We might have a chance of getting a whole ONE now.

10. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Nice catch there Matthew! I think that’s good news. Idk what they were thinking. They probably should lower it to 5.

The mintage limit is open but have to wonder what they’ll be able to do this year. Not exactly the best time to be trying to acquire hundreds of thousands of ounces of silver. With these not going out till October they may not have the silver till September. It wouldn’t surprise me if these went on sale before they even had the planchets. About 8 months left to do anything including get these out.

cplradar and Matthew Kruse like this.
  11. mark943

mark943 Member

Over on mintnewsblog.com we were talking about ridiculous the hh limit of 25 was, so one of the frequent posters came up with an e-mail imploring the mint to lower the HH limit to 10 so more collectors would have a chance getting one. A bunch of us sent the e-mail and Lo and Behold it worked!

12. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

After checking the mint's website again today, I see the household limit is now 10. I'm not so sure there isn't going to be a mintage limit announced on these. Usually the Mintage Limit is disclosed as either "none" or a number. The Mintage limit on these is just blank, so maybe they are just going to mint to order +10% or something like that. I see the Production limit is 175K. I'm not quite sure what that means....but I don't think mintage limit has been decided yet.....

13. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

They don't put a mintage limit because it allows them to make as many of these as they want. The production limit is the amount of coins made for that specific product.

14. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

circulate clad versions

15. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

For $85 I can purchase a nice graded mint State morgan. Much more interesting than a coin commemorating the series in my opinion.

cplradar likes this.
  16. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I don't agree. That path has already been blazed. Theres millions and millions of those. Probably only going to be 175k of each of these and they've never been pure silver before so they may actually look better. This is a one year deal.
    I'm not trying to be a big cheerleader for this debacle because I'm not happy with the five month delay or the household order limits or lack of mintage info before they go on sale. Just hoping there aren't any more inconveniences from this release.

Terrifrompa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted