My submission was removed because my photo was too good

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by goossen, Sep 21, 2021.

1. goossen

goossen Senior Member

I joined one of those coin related chats and they have a featured coin of the week where you can submit one of your pieces.
    I did that and my submission was removed. They didn’t believe I owned the coin because my photo was too good. So it’s either a stolen photo or a professional shot. :shifty:

Not sure if feel honoured or angry… :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I wouldn't stay there at that site because if they don't believe you then it's their loss . Do you have the photo still so we can see ? I would feel honored . Did you explain that you have FORUM and photography experience ?

Dearborn, Mr.Q and MIGuy like this.
  4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Both, maybe. :hilarious:

In high school, I once had an English teacher fail one of my papers and accuse me of plagiarism because she said it was too well-written for a high school student. I wrote her a letter, challenging her to name the source I had supposedly plagiarized from, and I explained to her that though I was not an especially attentive student, and got mediocre grades, it did not mean that I was too stupid to write well. She had grossly underestimated me.

To her credit, she apologized to me in front of the class, even though she had made the accusation privately, by writing it on the top of my paper. She told everyone she had been surprised that I could write so well, and that she knew my paper was indeed my work after she read the letter I wrote her.

5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Dude, you owe me . . .

Z

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I'd like to know the forum that zapped you.

So that I won't join there.

Sorry that they are apparently idiots.

7. Southernman189

Southernman189 Well-Known Member

well for sure I won't get accused of that, I take LOUSY pictures lol

Dearborn, Kentucky, JimsOkay and 4 others like this.
  8. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

well sometimes people can't believe the facts in front of them for their own personal reasons

9. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

I take good pix and I write well, though I am still a dummy in many ways.

Always remember that it is a short man who cuts off the heads of others to make himself taller.

10. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

I find it odd that they would remove your post because they didn't believe you owned the coin because the picture was to good. I don't have a good camera so, I post pictures of coins I have using the picture that was posted to sell the coin in an auction or by a dealer. However, they are my coins. If I post a picture of a coin I don't own I make sure to mention that in my post. Why they question your ownership seems strange unless the picture you posted was of some extremely expensive coin. Even then it shouldn't mater because there are a lot of regular collectors that do own some very expensive coins. Even people that have million dollar coins could join an online coin group.

Hookman and coin_nut like this.
  11. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Hah! Me too! My pictures are so bad that I make authentic slabbed graded coins look like bad Chinese knockoffs - I credit shaky hands, bad eyesight and a lousy camera phone. [takes bow]

12. goossen

goossen Senior Member

I know right! It was a bit off putting.

13. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

It reminded me of when I was in high school. I was a tall-skinny kid who didn't participate in organized sports. During PE class we had to participate in a number of events and report our results to the PE teacher. One of the events was a 600 yard run. I ended up running the fastest time by beating a kid who was the 800 yard stud on the track team. When I told the teacher my score he didn't believe me. I'm not sure what he wrote on his clipboard. Another event was a softball throw. I had the second longest throw. Again, the teacher didn't believe me. I guess one could say that it was the beginning of getting no respect, no respect at all.

14. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Just for the sake of clarity - they actually told you that's why they removed your pic ?

If they did, it would be a simple matter for you to take another pic of the coin, with say a dated newspaper that can be seen, and send that to them. Thus proving you own the coin.

And then of course say - see ya bye !

goossen, Razz, AdamL and 2 others like this.
  15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I was going to suggest printing out the message and taking a photo of the coin sitting on top of it. I was also going to suggest a particular finger you might use to point to the coin in the photo.

Dearborn, Kentucky, goossen and 3 others like this.
  16. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

The pinky finger, am I right?

micbraun, Dearborn and JimsOkay like this.
  17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

No, that one goes... um, never mind.

18. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

My reply to would say, to take the best picture you will ever see for yourself. "Put your hand in front of your face, pick the tallest finger, and turn the rest toward your eyes and blink." Walla! Your caption would read, "Bite Me"

Dearborn, wxcoin and ZoidMeister like this.
  19. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I would troll the ever lovin crap out of that forum!

-jeffB, Dearborn, Mkm5 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Do your photos have any added captions, like your name for credit? Anything in addition to just a good photo might be the cause. Pleased do post that photo for us to see.

wxcoin likes this.
  21. goossen

goossen Senior Member

Yep
    Yeah I offer to do that... I missed the opportunity to point the coin with that particular finger though.
    Exactly!

wxcoin and philologus_1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted