My Purchase On PCGS Coinfacts

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

A few times i have poked around on PCGS Coinfacts and have seen my very own coin auction i have won listed on the sales history. Pretty neat to see it there. Wonder if they are using my purchase price to help set their value for that particular grade since there were only 2.... I was looking up two 1949 S Roosevelt dimes i have purchased through Great Collections and saw one of them from last year. Would be neat to be a "direct contributor" to the PCGS prices guide. Anyone else look up their own coins and see them listed on there?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I have seen them too especially as I buy quite a bit from ha and also seen coins I submitted on their grade examples just sent an 1806 draped bust half a month or so ago is their pictured vf-30 example

4. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

I've had a coin or two featured there. It's pretty cool when it happens. I check all my coins to see if they have TrueView / Secure Plus / CoinFacts images and any related history. I never really thought about my purchases affecting the price guide, as I am buying mostly common coins, but I guess even that would contribute in its own small way.

5. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

My now most prized coin is the photo for the brown series on coinfacts. I doubt I will ever sell it. My new goal is buying the coins pcgs uses to model the coin series. It is also my avatar. I know I'm a little off topic but I love the idea of owning a coinfacts coin, even if it is a pattern with few other specimens competing with it. I now have 2 pcgs coinfact coins and am eager to add more, especially toned ones.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

mark_h, Mainebill, geekpryde and 2 others like this.
  6. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

That's a beautiful pattern. PCGS chooses coin images by simply taking the highest grade True View images they have and then placing them on each coin's description. It could get expensive to acquire boatloads of True View coins.

7. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Well-Known Member

nice colour on it ....

8. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Not always. Mine is a 64. There are 3 brown 65's if you look at the population. Usually the prettiest coin is the highest graded but sometimes they make an exception.

image.jpg

9. flintcreek6412

flintcreek6412 Active Member

Is it possible those 3 examples were graded years before the digital photography we have now and that yours is simply the best photographed example at this time? Beautiful by the way.

On a side note, I use the cert verification before I buy anything online and it showed the coin I was considering sold at HA back in 2010. It was a much better photo than currently on the online listing and I bought it for $10 more than it cost back in 201o. There are some nice search resources out there if you look for them.

10. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

I was writing about coins with True View images, not the population report.

Draft saved Draft deleted