My pickups from today

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, May 12, 2021.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I went to a coin shop today and got a bunch of coins. Here are a few of the more interesting ones I wanted to share. The 1793 Bermuda 1 penny isn't in great shape but it's a rare find and something I've wanted for awhile.
    1793 bermuda 1 penny.jpg 1811 russia 2 kopeks.jpg 1860 cambodia 10 centimes.jpg 1868 danish west indies 1 cent.jpg 1879 danish west indies 5 cents.jpg 1892 bolivia 10 centavos.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hiddendragon

Here's another group. Martinique coins are always a fun find. 1897 martinique 50 centimes05.jpg 1916 hungary 1 korona.jpg 1936 lebanon 25 piastres.jpg 1949 cuba 10 centavos.jpg 1957 guatemala 25 centavos.jpg

4. Hiddendragon

Last group for now. 1961 katanga 5 francs.jpg 1964 guatemala 5 centavos.jpg 1964 guatemala 10 centavos.jpg

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Look what you did Sparky ! You gone and spoiled us > :hilarious:

Antonius Britannia likes this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. You always find really cool stuff!
    I'm going to my first coin show since November 2019 PC (pre-covid). I'm hoping that there are a couple dealers with some world boxes to dig through.

7. Hiddendragon

I went to this dealer one time before. I had to travel to get a Covid shot and stopped while I was there. I didn't have time to look at everything but he had a lot of nice stuff. It was bugging me so I finally took at day off and went back. It's an hour drive but worth it. I haven't been to a show since about 2019 too. I miss doing that.

8. Seascape

Seascape U.S. & World Collector

Love the Cambodian.... I think you have the re-strike there.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  9. Hiddendragon

Funny because recently someone (maybe you?) posted about it and I thought, I should get one of those. And then I found one.

The Eidolon likes this.
  10. Seascape

Actually another member did. I got hooked. I have received my re-strike but still waiting on my business strike from Prague. They're a pretty cool coin to have.

Congratulations btw... nice example.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  11. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I've never seen the Bermuda coin in the wild, wouldn't mind finding one though.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  12. Hiddendragon

It's one of those things you have to buy when you see it.

13. Hiddendragon

Here's a few other ones I got. The two small silver coins are from the Indian state of Mewar. 1843 britain 1.5 pence.jpg 1893 honduras 25 cents.jpg 1924 cameroon 1 franc.jpg 1936 new guinea 1 penny.jpg 1964 egypt 25 piastres.jpg mewar 2.jpg mewar.jpg

Brendan Bohan, Stork and furryfrog02 like this.
  14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Nice pick ups.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  15. Seascape

Nice Cameroon. I got caught up in those... you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much I spent on that 2 yr series. I don't regret it though.

I looked into the Bermuda penny. It's subject to re-strike just like the 1860 Cambodian. Was re struck in a few different base metals and silver. The hunt is on....thanks I was looking for a project with substance. Any pointers? I prefer a original first but will entertain re strikes as well no problem.

Suggestion...look at the 24-25 Togo run.

16. Hiddendragon

I think I have one of the Togo coins - whichever is the more common one. I got lucky many years ago when I went into a coin shop and they had recently bought an album from someone who had some really nice coins. The employee told me anything I wanted in it was 50 cents, and I got a lot of great coins from Africa and other harder to find places. Coins from colonies and more obscure places is one of my biggest collecting interests.

If you want a Bermuda penny I see there are some on eBay. Beyond that I don't know. You might also be interested in the 1788 Barbados penny if you don't have one.

17. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

18. Hiddendragon

There's something about a silver coin that looks like it was just made five minutes ago.

princeofwaldo likes this.
  19. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

That, and the Katanga Cross coin. Far and away the coolest coin struck anywhere in 1961 and with a great story to go with it.

Same coin in gold.

DSC_4677.JPG DSC_4676.JPG

Hiddendragon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted